GTI/TSR Trackday Invite Mallory Pk 12/11/05

msportman

Dear Briskoda members

I hereby announce to all you hardcore trackday enthusiasts out there that a trackday has been booked with Mallory Park for:

Saturday the 12th of November 2005.

This is a personal invite for all of the Skoda trackday entusiasts.

The day will start at 9am finishing at 4:30-5pm.

Crash helmets are needed and there is a 98db sound limit.

To get some idea of noise limits Castle Coombe operates at 100db limit at 3500rpm.

Now the important bit, the cost.

We have managed to keep the cost down to a very reasonable

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its up near Leicester - Hell of a circuit from memory. :)

Also, you might be able to get in a bit cheaper if you see my other thread about it! Look in the "Midlands" section for my thread - I'll bump it anyway. ;)

You've missed an "L" there.

http://www.mallorypark.co.uk/

Cheers Dr Z!

Looks smashing, might have to pop along. Doubtful whether I'll be coming on the track though... yep, you guessed it. I'm SKINT!!!!

Had a good day at Brunters mind, hopefully there will be fellow Briskodians willing to give spectator laps! ;)

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/t37334-briskoda-mini-meet--trackday-up-at-mallory-park.html

Been done. :D I'm up for a little go on track for SURE' date=' especially at this price! But want others to follow suit. Don't fancy it on my own. :eek:[/quote']

Jason

I've paid my cash to Neal yesterday, however at present he only as about 10 or so people signed up and needs 30 to make this happen. You're correct to say this is a very good price, so get your name down with Neal. You can ride shotgun in his 480bhp Passat apparently and there is free instruction.

(P.S. tells me you all had fun last weekend and he was impressed by the oil burners. Couldn't attend myself due to work, but was in Bridgwater yesterday having my map checked).

Lee

Sounds too good to miss :D ' date=' will be booking later this week.

Steve[/quote']

I'd get in there sooner than later, Steve. ;) TSR warned me they reckoned I was lucky and they were gonna sell out during the coming week. :)

Oh, how many gravel pits have they got at Mallory? :P ;)

I'd get in there sooner than later' date=' Steve. ;) TSR warned me they reckoned I was lucky and they were gonna sell out during the coming week. :)

Oh, how many gravel pits have they got at Mallory? :P ;)[/quote']

Have now booked J, have you had the external roll cage fitted yet?

:fence3d: :D

Can't say till nearer the time due to an impending driving ban, but licence permitting I will be there. Need to wait for the summons though first. Will let you know asap.

Spoke to TSR today , they said all you need is a Lid and long sleeves, i asked about driving licence and they said NO, ..just like Bruntingthorpe last time.

Hope this helps ;)

Steve

Does this mean there are four of us Skoda-types signed up to date?

Jason's circuit video clips link (see The Motorway some time back on Friday 17/10) is a handy start to those like me who have not been to Mallory before.

P.S. as far as I know, passenger rides are free so long as you have a lid and long sleeves (erm, it will be middle of November by then anyhow). Anyone not wanting to take their car out can have a ride with me.

Regarding travelling, I can't afford to stay overnight, so a very early start Sunday morning travelling from Hampshire. What's anyone else got planned?

Lee

Lee - Just in case mate, its on the SATURDAY! ;):rofl:

I'll be offering free rides too, but obviously you'll need your own lid - I'll be wearing mine but if I'm not on track I'm happy to lend mine to someone if they wish to go out in Lee's Octy, or A N Other car.

:thumbup:

Steve - Not yet mate. ;) Working on a new trolley wheel rack system using the roof bars as mounting points. :D:rofl:

Edit: I'm NOT sure on allowing anyone else to drive my car, but if you have sufficient money for me to get another TDI and do the PD130 conversion to it again, you can take her out for a spin.

Edit2: "SPIN" ?? :eek: How freudian! :rofl: