Number plate bulbs

JOHNMACG

Yes mate exact same problem with the eBay specials. Ended up buying ridiculously expensive ones made by Philips from PowerBulbs. Not had any problems with them flickering at all since fitting them.

sent from my Galaxy Note 4 using Tapatalk

same, bought ebay ones when i had my beemer. one flickering, went back to standard.

since having the vrs i have not had the chance to look at the bad lighted number plate bulbs yet. too many other problems to get sorted!!

Edited by stann01

They seem to just get too hot after a while. When you first put your lights on they will be fine but give it 5 - 10 mins and they will start flickering. That's with the smd type which I've tried and I've also tried the chip on board plasma type. To be honest they all just seem like very cheap dodgy mass produced garbage which I would expect off eBay lol

sent from my Galaxy Note 4 using Tapatalk

I've given up on LED's for my number plate lights, tried about 5 different types and all failed after a few hours, mainly flickering but some didn't light up at all, back to standard bulbs now and it's looks alright

Ordered a set off eBay, the Osram ones that most garages usually fit, no issues with them

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

I've had 2 sets from Fizzmo as well, still no luck

They worked fine for about a day and then one began to flicker, it would sometimes stop flickering but randomly start again, swapped them over and tried everything, got some replacements but still had the same issue

I had been running some SMD's for about 4 years that i got off a member on a different car forum when they first started making them and they only stopped working a few weeks back, removed them from my old car after 2 years of use and they lasted another 2 in the Fabia, wish i had ordered a couple of sets

Did actually have a another pair of them which i dropped down the engine bay, tempted to try and find them lol

I had problems with numberplate bulbs ended up going through a few sets that laa started flickering then just gave up.

Since then I tried these ones which are still cheap and cheerful but have a heatsink incorporated into it's design and fingers crossed they've been working since June. http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00E5VISXQ?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00