My car seems to be losing it's bong!

yesman

Hi all, I have a Superb Elegance, don't know whether it's me or if it's my car has started to lose it warning bong! I have noticed whilst driving if my fuel gets to the low warning or the washer fluid gets low the lights will come on and the warning will show on the Maxidot but there is no bong sound, I'm pretty sure it used to, when I start the engine the bong will sound if these warnings are still there! The ice warning is the opposite, if the temp drops whilst driving the bong will sound but if I start the car whilst its already cold it just flashes the temp with no bong, again I thought it used to warn you with a bong when starting your engine, again am I right or wrong about this?

Have I inadvertently changed a setting or does it sound like it's playing up or have I just got this all wrong?

cheers.

Edited by yesman

Mine does not say the "bong" if it's below 4 degree Celsius when I start the car, but it does if it drops during driving.

Mine is the same as this. I *think* it bongs when the low fuel level is reached while driving. (I didn't even know it monitored screenwash level. Yet another plus point!)