Hatch Bag or Boot Buddy?

Has anybody used a hatch bag or boot buddy???

I have one very messy spaniel who loves water and mud, and a large hairy German shepherd.

I'm leaning towards the boot buddy, but would like your opinions first.

Dan

Can't comment on the ones you have posted about but there's a lot of love for these sorts if you can get away with them and your pets.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/SKODA-OCTAVIA-HATCHBACK-ONWARDS-193282/dp/B00HOD8710/ref=sr_1_3?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1420141985&sr=1-3&keywords=octavia+boot+liner

Probably more helpful as it's a fit and forget kind of item rather than the two options you are looking at which require you to carry it at the time it's needed and mess about fitting it every time you need to.

Also free bump :notme:

Hi Dan

i use the hatchbag, this is the 3rd car ive used them for - the previous being range rover and e-class estate.

the one for the Octy is the best fit of the lot as it fits very snugly in the boot area. I shoot alot (and Oscar in my profile picture picks them up) and he get5s very wet and muddy during the course of a days work. i would heartily recommend it along with a tough bed from Tuffies in Fife i think.

any questions just ask

(when i figure out how to post a couple of pictures ill post them!)

John

Hi Dan

i use the hatchbag, this is the 3rd car ive used them for - the previous being range rover and e-class estate.

the one for the Octy is the best fit of the lot as it fits very snugly in the boot area. I shoot alot (and Oscar in my profile picture picks them up) and he get5s very wet and muddy during the course of a days work. i would heartily recommend it along with a tough bed from Tuffies in Fife i think.

any questions just ask

(when i figure out how to post a couple of pictures ill post them!)

John

Thanks John,

I've just been reading reviews and a few seem to be complaining about the Velcro fitting on the hatch bag, which is why I'm thinking more about the boot buddy. Have you had problems with the Velcro mate?

Dan

Hi Dan

no problems mate, but as oscar usually  gets very wet on a couple of drives ive used some black duck tape stuff round the top edge and along the flat rear edge to aid with the waterproofing - seems to work a treat

they are very hard wearing

Hi Dan

no problems mate, but as oscar usually  gets very wet on a couple of drives ive used some black duck tape stuff round the top edge and along the flat rear edge to aid with the waterproofing - seems to work a treat

they are very hard wearing

Thanks for that John, they do look good. I've got the Skoda rubber boot mat, so I'm hoping that will fit on top?

• 2 months later...

Not that I bought a boot liner from 'Hatchbag' I did purchase front & back seat covers for the old Fabia VRS, that was 10 years ago, and they are still going strong.

I admit a have a split in the drivers seat cover, now bonded from the back with gaffa tape, LOL

Also they coated the inside of the covers with a rubberised coating which has been slowly peeling away.

However it still will not allow any wet/ moisture through onto the seats beneath.

Highly recommend almost anything from 'Hatchbag' through above info.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a boot buddy in my VRS hatch and I'm still undecided about it. The fit is only ok and move about if its on the carpet. It is a pig to fit together with a combo of 6 press-studs and velcro, I don't have mine in all the time and it takes up a lot of space to store. The fit along the sides is not great as mine is slightly too big to fit under the parcel shelf support. You do need some form of rubber mat as well otherwise pooch will be making like Bambi in winter. As far as keeping crap of your car it works but it has it's limitations. 

Thanks for that John, they do look good. I've got the Skoda rubber boot mat, so I'm hoping that will fit on top?

I have the Hatchbag fitted to my MkII Octy Scout with the Skoda rubber mat on top. Fits perfectly, and I can still attach the rear netting system into their slots.