Another Newbie... What can i activate?

Looking on this thread it appears that there's quite a few 'newbies' to the Superb 2, there must have been some good offers on over Christmas/New Year! Yep, I'm another one!! :giggle:

I've just signed on the dotted line to 'upgrade' from a 2004 Superb 1 Comfort 1.9 TDI 130bhp (AWX) to a (60reg) 2010 'Cappuccino' Superb 2 SE 2.0TDi CR 140bhp (CFFB), and I will be collecting it towards the end of next week.

I've absolutely loved my Superb1 in every way and will be sad in a way to see it go. The 1.9TDI 130bhp AWX engine is awesome and I just hope the 2.0TDI CR, although soooo much smoother, proves as reliable and trustworthy in both performance and driveability. I hope you guys can confirm this!  :rofl:  :sweat:   :peek:

I have VCDS (joint purchase with my dad who's got a 2011 Octavia 2 FL 2.0 TDI CR L&K), so would appreciate any info on what I can activate. :D  I already searched and found that the auto-wipers can be activated, and maybe hill-hold depending on the ABS controller(?), but anything else that I've missed or any other pointers would be greatly appreciated!

I hope to have as long and happy association with the Superb2 and this forum as I did with the Superb1 and the guys over there! :clap:

Bye 4 Now! :beer:

Mark.

I went from a VW Passat B5.5 Sport 1.9 TDI 130 to a VW Passat B6 2.0 TDI 140, both 6 speed manual. I expected the newer 140 to be at least as flexible as the older 130 in driveability terms, unfortunately that wasn't the case. Despite the official torque figures being pretty much the same the older 130 pulls far better low down in the rev range from say 1000rpm upwards than the 140, something well documented especially amongst caravaners and others who tow.

I've had both PD and CR 2.0 TDI's, and a 130PD and 140CR at the same time so it was a direct comparison going straight from one to the other. I much prefer the older 130 for driveability.

It's been suggested it's because the 130 is 8 valve as opposed to the 16 valve 140.

It will be interesting to hear your comparison when you pick it up.

Enjoy the new Superb.

Edited by cnc
  • Like 1

That site is deutsch only I'm afraid. But when you Google 'vcds list vw passat' or 'golf' you will find tons of English lists. Vag cars are very similar underneath, you can use those guides no problem. Just don't expect to activate everything you see.

Remember, always backup your original coding before changing anything!!