Cam Belt and Water pump..Options? Opinions?

I book marked this ad off a site about 12 months ago can't remember which could have been Pistonheads/Briskoda can't remember. Not used them so can't recommend, book marked it when my daughter was buying a diesel Golf, but the one she bought came with cam belt done.

Autohaus in Sheffield quote £296 using genuine parts inc water pump.  Not far from Bingley.

http://www.autohausdolby.co.uk/timing-belts/

• Like 1

hi, this seems expensive Doncaster skoda and leeds - £460 with water pump being changed at the same time , they both said they would inspect waterpump when changing the belt and it may come in cheaper if the pump doesn't need changing (£100 cheaper). just seems abit steep £460 but id prefer the piece off mind that the dealer has done the work......

I book marked this ad off a site about 12 months ago can't remember which could have been Pistonheads/Briskoda can't remember. Not used them so can't recommend, book marked it when my daughter was buying a diesel Golf, but the one she bought came with cam belt done.

Autohaus in Sheffield quote £296 using genuine parts inc water pump.  Not far from Bingley.

http://www.autohausdolby.co.uk/timing-belts/

Might be making further enquires with them :thumbup:

Might be making further enquires with them :thumbup:

I've not used autohaus Dolby myself but I have had them recommended from someone I know. Apparently they are very thorough and know their stuff.

Their prices do seem very reasonable too.

Edit.. Just seen another threat a little further down...one of them members is getting his changed at autohaus, maybe ask him how he gets on Chris? Jmattley is his username I think.

Edited by Jonners_GTI

I had mine done at an indy and tbh it wasn't much cheaper than the main dealer fixed prices at the time. However I did trust his workmanship more than the dealer.

• 3 weeks later...

I've been looking at this as well for my car i've had a look at vw website they have a cambelt promotion for £299 Cambelt change changing water pump for both for just £349 and comes with two year parts and labour warranty.4eaeb7ee93ef38c70b9a12d059345df3.jpg

Just rang JCT600 VW (Bradford)

"Sorry Sir, we wont be able to quote for a Cambelt, as its not a VW"

After laughing I explained ...She asked me to hold and came back with a price £449 including Water Pump.

This is an offer at the moment...apparently

I looked on DM Keiths Website and that's their price too

Edited by ChrisRs