Dan's MK5 Golf R32

DanGum

Cheers guys! Just had wheels done in black sparkle such a good colour. When the sun hits the wheels the flake pop is class lol. Ordering some lowering springs end of the month :)

Pictures please - or it didn't happen! :p  :happy:  ;)

• Like 1

Took a few quick ones on the drive when i was giving the new wheels some protection with jetseal 109 

DSC_0062_zpshqtmfyjn.jpg

hard to see with a camera but there is a flake :)

DSC_0061_zps9iyeq5ab.jpg

DSC_0063_zpsmejjjaft.jpg

lowered a touch on h and r springs i think it will look goooood :) Ross has agreed to fit them for me so just need to wait for pay day to buy them now lol

• Like 1

Are you coming to the national meet? As id like to see the rns510 as ill be going :) you can also experiance my milteck if you want :)

I didn't realise it was on when is it dude ? I deffo need to experience the miltek!!

Just seen its this Sunday I can't go :(

Cheers Lee , I am doing well cheers bud how are things with you ? Missing the old Fabia ?

Yeah we are all good thanks mate, my little daughter is nine months old tomorrow bless her! Don't know where the time has gone!

Yeah I really do miss the Fabia sometimes, and then other times not as the Octavia is so comfortable and a nicer place to be. The car has also proved its worth already when we went on our hols to Weymouth three weeks ago, I was amazed how much storage space it has even with the dog in the boot. And how good it is on fuel on long runs on the motorway too.

My next purchase will be a roof box and bars or an oem satnav unit Amundsen+ :)

Yeah we are all good thanks mate, my little daughter is nine months old tomorrow bless her! Don't know where the time has gone!

Yeah I really do miss the Fabia sometimes, and then other times not as the Octavia is so comfortable and a nicer place to be. The car has also proved its worth already when we went on our hols to Weymouth three weeks ago, I was amazed how much storage space it has even with the dog in the boot. And how good it is on fuel on long runs on the motorway too.

My next purchase will be a roof box and bars or an oem satnav unit Amundsen+ :)

Christ mate time has flown by to be fair! Father's Day tomorrow as well! I'm going Weymouth next weekend funnily enough did you stay at one of the haven sites ? The boot is massive on your Car to be fair perfect for those weekend always. The sat nab unit is a great purchase so handy

• 4 months later...

Haven't updated this in a while! Had the car detailed by tom at ultimate auto detailing as unfortunately the previous attempt made a mess of the paintwork so tom had his work cut out. Fixing holograms and swirls. Car looks awesome now.

I've bought a reverse camera kit for the car as well which Eddie is gonna fit and code in for me.

Also fitted a miltek non res exhaust which sounds awesome. If you are on Instagram I have a couple of videos on there my user name is dan_gum give me a follow I follow back.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Not been on the thread for a while. Looks loads better with the RNS510 fitted. I always find myself looking in cars when I walk past and when you see a car without some kind of big screen in the middle they always look naff! lol

That's the beauty of the RNS510/Columbus when fitting to an older generation car. Because it first came out pretty much right on the crossover to the FL etc they made it possible in the software to switch between the old and new CAN protocol meaning it works on the older cars. The NAV instructions on the maxidot/highline are pretty handy.

Paintwork looking good. I really need to get mine detailed! It cleans up well but like yours (although nowhere near as bad) up close you can see light scratches and some swirls.

What's the deal with the exhaust flaps then? Do they have like a valve in them that normally isn't open all the time?

Phil

• Like 1

Very nice Dan - the R32 is looking great. Nice detail and great Milltek addition. :thumbup:

I just recently had some R32 Milltek tips fitted to a custom rear stainless section for my R36.

They look and sound absolutely bloody fantastic - IMO! :rock:

• Like 2

Not been on the thread for a while. Looks loads better with the RNS510 fitted. I always find myself looking in cars when I walk past and when you see a car without some kind of big screen in the middle they always look naff! lol

That's the beauty of the RNS510/Columbus when fitting to an older generation car. Because it first came out pretty much right on the crossover to the FL etc they made it possible in the software to switch between the old and new CAN protocol meaning it works on the older cars. The NAV instructions on the maxidot/highline are pretty handy.

Paintwork looking good. I really need to get mine detailed! It cleans up well but like yours (although nowhere near as bad) up close you can see light scratches and some swirls.

What's the deal with the exhaust flaps then? Do they have like a valve in them that normally isn't open all the time?

Phil

I agree, the rns510 system is awesome and with the directions coming up on the cluster too it's a handy feature too.

My paintwork was in a poor state. Tom worked very hard on the car longer than he anticipated due to its poor state. Looks awesome now and he's put something on the glass so the water beads off that as well.

On the standard exhaust there is a valve which is vacuum operated, I'm sure it's just a butter fly valve which opens up at 3k rpm which increases the exhaust noise. I'll get a pic of it and show you.

• Like 1

Very nice Dan - the R32 is looking great. Nice detail and great Milltek addition. :thumbup:

I just recently had some R32 Milltek tips fitted to a custom rear stainless section for my R36.

They look and sound absolutely bloody fantastic - IMO! :rock:

The milltek tips look awesome mate. I was looking at R36s the other day actually such a great car!!!

Good car, mate has a MK5 TDi the same colour, & he had a mare of a job getting all the swirls out from the previous owner...........

My other mate has a MK4 R32 again in black, not used & sitting in his garden...aarrggghh................needs some TLC but original! drives really good as I have done some work on it last year.