Intercooler help!

Hi all, I have a standard Fabia VRS SE that I'm wanting to get remapped, the standard SMIC I have now is knackered, the lugs have broke off and the pipe is held in with two self tappets, the pipe that comes off the EGR is loose and the turbo outlet pipe lugs have also broke, so as you can imagine when it's mapped I'll have nothing but trouble, what shall I go for? Standard intercooler and renew all piping, or front mount? My only issue is Im After a front mount that doesn't require much/none adaptions or chopping as I don't want to do much to the car with it being SE. Also I'm not going bigger turbo or anything so obviously not wanting to spend stupid money for just a remap. Any help is appreciated! Thanks all!

I don't think you can get an upgraded SMIC for the Fabia, the only one's I'm aware of are the ones that Darkside Developments sell and they state on their website that it's not suitable for the Fabia/Ibiza/Polo platform.

In fairness you say you won't be going any more than a remap so there isn't really a huge requirement for an expensive FMIC and pipework kit on your car. I'd just stick with the standard side mount and upgrade the pipework, which can be done reasonably too if you have a look on here... http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/274533-top-boost-pipe-replacement-diy/

As Matt said, They don't do a upgraded SMIC for the Fabia. Which is I would of thought Darkside would be all over as Id buy one! I was bitterly disappointed when they emailed me to say they didnt. :(

I think the darkside intercooler fits but the pipe work in the kit they do doesnt fit the fabia.

Its something you would have to email and ask them, im sure once when i was there they told me they had got an upgraded sidemount to fit a fabia before.

Ummm, no real point in FMIC unless you're regularly zooming up big hills or you drive track days or run pedal to the floor most of the time.

Have a look at the boost pipe replacement topics.

Standard intercooler seems to be available second hand on eBay for say £60 up. Or new for more like £140 up.

Thanks for all the help, think I'll go for a new SMIC and upgrade the piping to silicone if possible, try and do away with the Nasty clips. Where could I get the silicone pipe work to fit the standard intercooler, I'm guessing the pipes going in and out of the cooler will have to still use the clips?