My new RC toy...

Maverick vRS

EMB-1H Buggy arrived, had a quick bash with it and it's brill. Bloody quick with brushless setup, and four wheel drive.

Very well put together and solid.

Need to order a front bumper though and then get out in a proper open space to give it a good run.

Brushless is so much quicker than brushed it is embarrassing, what turn motor is it? 

When we first went brushless in on road 1/10, 10.5T was supposed to be equivalent to 19 turn brushed, 3 years later the 13.5T stock boys were lapping with average times that the 7 turn brushed modified boys were doing.

I love playing round with this stuff, wish my boy was still into onroad as the sheer speed is a better adrenaline charge than anything when he was running 4.0T mod.

In terms of turns, I don't really know. As it's a 4 pole sensorless motor it doesn't necessarily have a turn ratio. It's rated at 4500kv, so I'd reckon probably around 6.5t

• 2 months later...

^^ is that a custom jobbie? Looks like a Mardave chassis perhaps?

Just picked up a great little 1:18 4WD brushless desert buggy for the boys for Christmas. Fully ready to run includes radio gear and 2S LIPO battery:

64695(7).jpg

Price? £26 each.

^^ is that a custom jobbie? Looks like a Mardave chassis perhaps?

Just picked up a great little 1:18 4WD brushless desert buggy for the boys for Christmas. Fully ready to run includes radio gear and 2S LIPO battery:

64695(7).jpg

Price? £26 each.

Where have you bought it? £26 is really good price - let me know when you will test it :)

Where have you bought it? £26 is really good price - let me know when you will test it :)

HobbyKing

I buy alot of my pats from there and saw it whilst browsing. Got it on a 24h delivery but probably won't test it until Christmas Day!!!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Finally got round to putting the EMB buggy in to it's flight case:

WP_20151212_13_32_55_Pro_LI.jpg

WP_20151212_13_32_37_Pro_LI.jpg

WP_20151212_13_32_31_Pro_LI.jpg

Space for car, controller, 2x batteries, charger and cable. My flat storage box of bits and bobs then sits nicely on top of the car with no issues.

Base of controller is slightly high but lid closes OK.

• 5 months later...

Just bought another LC Buggy - same but with some upgrades. Will be selling the old one soon to part fund.

Kids love their Pitbull cars - one currently off road due to rear diff failure. Need to order part but only £20 so not to bad.

Edited by Coops
  • Like 1

Thought I'd join in this thread, always loved my RC stuff but never made the time to join a club or anything, so always just tinkered and messed around in carparks or the close.

It's only a Hpi sprint 2 flux but it's pretty tough and plenty quick enough for what I need! Quite versatile as it drifts OK too.

Had a bit of clearcut so I'm down to 1 chassis and 8 shells for 1:10 but here's my favorites:

(BTW if anyone has a Kyosho Laguna or any other BTCC /DTM/Touring shell for not stupid money count me interesed ;))

35149bfe043f1c271c833ff93e1be17e.jpg

Thought I'd join in this thread, always loved my RC stuff but never made the time to join a club or anything, so always just tinkered and messed around in carparks or the close.

It's only a Hpi sprint 2 flux but it's pretty tough and plenty quick enough for what I need! Quite versatile as it drifts OK too.

Had a bit of clearcut so I'm down to 1 chassis and 8 shells for 1:10 but here's my favorites:

(BTW if anyone has a Kyosho Laguna or any other BTCC /DTM/Touring shell for not stupid money count me interesed ;))

35149bfe043f1c271c833ff93e1be17e.jpg

Nice collection.

4WD right?

4wd belt driven. If I have one criticism of it actually it's the fact being marketed as a more entry level and child friendly brand it could do with a better belt design. There's a reason it's the only belt driven entry-level brushless... Belts really are for carpet racing! Small stones/dirt get under the rear belt and it has a habit of chewing through them relatively often (at £12 a belt :l ).

• 2 weeks later...

Decided to keep both buggies, the new one has a better spec than my first one including:

1) Spektrum receiver placed between servo and motor with on/off switch on servo
2) (improved) turnigy 60a esc fitted to bottom deck at rear of chassis
3) velcro on chassis and battery packs
4) velcro on chassis sides to secure shell
5) red cnc spindle carrier
6) red cnc locking hex's

1464640335639_zpsrtnsoojc.jpg.c0664ddf3f

Will be keeping the original buggy and converting it into a Monster Truck. It only requires new bodyshell, body mount posts and new wheels/tyres. They are all on order.

• 2 weeks later...

that looks nice

need to get my Hyper 7 going again been a while

would love a brushless hyper 7 too

I know where one is going for sale with this spec:

- HK 150A ESC + Castle 2200kv motor

- Spectrum DX3E Tx/Rx system

- HiTec HS645 NG servo

- Upgraded CNC shock towers

- Nanda blocks with good spikes

- 10amp power supply with Imax B6

- Tbone bumpers front and rear

Think I will be getting rid of my nitro RC (it is an Ishima which was getting a good name when I bought it but disappeared soon after) as it has not been used in 2 years. The hassle of tuning the nitro engine is one of the reasons.

Think I will be getting rid of my nitro RC (it is an Ishima which was getting a good name when I bought it but disappeared soon after) as it has not been used in 2 years. The hassle of tuning the nitro engine is one of the reasons.

That, the noise and smell were the reasons I went brushless. I wouldn't look back now.

All of mine ended up in bits. Same with my Brother's. Apart from a Kyosho indoor racer with a "black" motor. :) Never managed to get it to grip right outdoors though. Understeer city... A shame.

That, the noise and smell were the reasons I went brushless. I wouldn't look back now.

How much and how difficult was the conversion?