Car alarm goes off when dog inside

hpw123

Hello, I work as a dog-walker and usually walk only 2 dogs at a time, who happily fit in the back which is fitted out with a bespoke boot-box and perspex dog guard. Very occasionally I have to take 3 or 4 dogs, so have to have dogs inside the car. However, when I stop to pick up a dog and lock the car, the alarm goes off because a dog is moving around inside. I have to be honest, I haven't checked whether locking the door with the key rather than the remote works…. 

Thanks!

I think I read that on the Yeti, if you centrally locked the car twice, the second action disabled the interior motion alarm.

Just need to lock some one in the car to test that one out, as long as it doesn't annoy the neighbours... lol

Might be the same on other models too.

Not tried it myself lol...

I suppose..you could lock your self in....

But if all goes wrong, you might be there a long time lol...

• Like 1

The owners manual is very handy. Page 43 'Interior Monitor and towing protection monitoring'.

No need to lock someone in, try putting a window down and waving something about inside the car !!!!!!.

Or just rock the car a little.  Not with a Rock.

(as often happens in Car Showrooms when cars are locked, but with windows open.)

Switch off the ignition, open drivers door, press the Button on the drivers door, near the middle maybe.

Lock the vehicle within 30 seconds. Motion Monitor is Off.

Edited by goneoffSKi
  • Like 2

That means switches off the Safe Secure,

Safe Secure, is so the doors or windows can not be opened from inside.

The Flashing Light is not on when Safe Secure is off.

The Safe Secure is to discourage thieves breaking a window and opening a door from inside.

There is a warning in the owners manual about not having anyone or animal in the car with Safe Secure activated because 

of the problem getting into the car.

When you Deactivate Safe Secure the Anti Theft Alarm is still activated, but the Interior Monitor is not.

What catches me out is i am so used to double click unlock, that i often double click lock,

then i wonder did i double click, so i click open, then click lock, and walk away, get unsure if it is locked 

so try the door, and then lock it again.

By this time KFC is closed so i just unlock and drive away.

Locked passengers in a few times now with one click. and being Mutton & Jeff never heard the alarm.

Edited by goneoffSKi
  • Like 3

I just unplugged the internal sensors and popped them back in, the wind was coming through the dash vents and seting my alarm off!

so unplugging the internal sensors is a perm fix

Would setting the vents to recirc not do the same? If you set the vents to recirc just before you stop that would stop the outside air from coming in surely?

I just unplugged the internal sensors and popped them back in, the wind was coming through the dash vents and seting my alarm off!

so unplugging the internal sensors is a perm fix

That also logs faults against the alarm which will show up in VCDS and the car will not fully shutdown leading to a flat battery if left unattended for extended periods. Much easier to use VCDS to reduce the sensor sensitivity.

When you lock the car a flap in the heater is meant to close, thus stopping air entering the cabin. if air is still entering the cabin with the key removed and the car locked then you have a sticking flap motor.

You beat me to it Mannyo. Air entering the cabin shouldn't ever be a problem for the alarm on modern cars, as there isn't any. So def something needs fixing TwinHatchTony.