EGR cooler?

MicG1989

This has probably been answered a thousand times, and I'm sorry for repeating it but I just want to be sure!

I've got a 2006 Fabia Vrs, BLT engine code ...

I've ordered the EGR delete pipe off darkside ... Is there anything I need to do with the cooler?

Can I fit the delete pipe before getting it mapped without any problems?(it's getting mapped saturday)

Just removed mine.. this picture might help shows the location of the bolts holding the cooler.

1DAB94FD-7020-4ACC-AB5F-CE93699DA5E9.jpg

new coolent pipe

433DCDC5-007D-421F-8824-33A34B4D9384.jpg

Just about to do this myself guys, sorry for opening up an old thread, what do people use to join the pipes together after removing the cooler, ive seen darkside do a kit but that's £50, is there a guide anywhere? Cheers

You don't need to buy any new coolant pipes,I can't remember which one I used but did it on Danham's car,you remove one pipe totally then turn the remaining one around slightly and it fits straight onto where the one you've removed connected too.

• Like 1

• 7 years later...
On 13/01/2015 at 21:52, DubDub said:

It's easier just to remove it as I couldn't get the manifold blanking plate on with it still in.

Would you be able to leave the cooler in place if you really wanted to? 

I put a chipped ECU on at the same time. Only notable thing is a very slight roughness to the idle and a shudder when you turn the engine off.

I probably wouldn't have bothered taking it off but I had the delete pipe from my old car.