Broken electric window mechanism

semm

Hi All,

I have had two electric windows break in 9 months. On both occasions the falling component is the piece of plastic which sits in the runner and connects to the bottom of the window. Is this a common problem or am I unlucky?

Rgds

Steve

• 10 months later...

The rear left window just dropped suddenly. When I had a look at it, a white plastic component - runner was broken. Can i get the part replaced or do i need to replace the whole electical power mechanism ?

My Octavia had a broken electric rear nearside window – it was caused by the cable mechanism tying itself in knots. Brought the replacement runner from the dealer (without the electrics) and fitted it within an hour. The replacement part was an improved design. The guy I brought it from said that 2 other Octavia’s his company had developed a similar problem but they were both still under warrantee