Emission's Workshop

Hi Guys, <br />I have been struggling with a problem no tech has been able to diagnose from 6 months. I have been getting Emissions Workshop form a long time. This is what I did to try to fix it:<br />1. Cleaned EGR<br />2. Changed MAF<br />3. Changed N75 valve<br />4. Changed N18<br />5. Changed vacuum hoses<br />6. Got the turbo cleaned<br /><br />I got the diesel filter replaced with bosch filter but I have noticed lot of air bubbles in the pipe carrying diesel... Can that be a reason for this error and loss of power at 3000 rpm <br /><br />Can anyone help me out with this... its becoming really annoying for me...<br /><br />THANKS<br/>

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

@pauldazzle: i got the turbo cleaned recently... Shouldn't that fix it

If it was stripped down & cleaned that should have fixed stuck vanes. Mr Muscle fix usually achieves the same result, but is a lot less hassle & money.

If your ECU is going into limp there should be a fault code logged so a scan with VCDS is your best option.

That fault is normally caused by a leaking EGR diaphragm or vacuum pipe. Dodgy MAF has been known to cause it too. Was the replacement MAF genuine VAG?

Edited by pauldazzle

It pulls the inside part up and stays there till the time the air is pulled through the hose... Even if I start the car and press the acceleration paddle egr shows the movement

Edited by kanu1and

You really need to get VCDS on it & have a look in engine measuring blocks. I would pay particular attention to the MAF readings as even new genuine VAG MAF's have been known to be dodgy.

Hi Guys... Drove my octi without MAF... But felt even less power... Plugged MAF again and car had a better power... I think MAF is fine...

Went to a mechanic he adjusted turbo wastegate and I felt a lot improved pickup... But is this a good idea to adjust turbo?

Edited by kanu1and

If you drive with the MAF disconnected the ECM will obviously be receiving no input from it, and so ECM default values will be used.

As for adjusting the wastegate you should be mindful that the ECM is expecting a maximum boost of 2,100mb or 2.1bar. An overboost condition will usually set at around 2,500mb, and then you can expect limp home mode.

If you drive with the MAF disconnected the ECM will obviously be receiving no input from it, and so ECM default values will be used.

As for adjusting the wastegate you should be mindful that the ECM is expecting a maximum boost of 2,100mb or 2.1bar. An overboost condition will usually set at around 2,500mb, and then you can expect limp home mode.

I have heard that adjusting turbo wastegate can result in piston damages... Is that true?

Mates need help I searched a lot on google... But coudnt find it if adjusting wastegate can harm pistons and valves... ?