Sagging Leather seat base on Elegance

Lemur

I bought a 1 year old elegance with 5000 miles on clock in December. After doing a further 1000 miles I am now noticing that the leather seat base is looking somewhat streched. Is this normally a problem on the Elegance? Is there anything I can do to mitigate it, as I'm planning to keep the car for a few years and hate to think what state the seats would be in after that time. 

Every car suffers this tbh, it's called 20 inches wide person sat on 17 inches wide seat syndrome,

You may be able to warranty claim it but the reality is seats are just not made to suit us all, seems to be made for  Mr 5.8 who weighs 9 stone tbh,

I did my Passat sport one in simply while hoovering the car out, as I lent across to do the passenger side I heard the wing go and from that point it was lopsided and the poly former just brittled away onto the rear floor over time, the upper wing broke down quite easily also, rest assured it's not just VAG though.

Edited by Supurbia

I haven't seen the seat obviously but from my understanding of the opening post I don't believe every car suffers from that at all.  I don't have a Superb but my Octavia seat does not appear stretched in the slightest, and I can't see it being of superior quality vs a newer Superb seat.  Its 6.5 years old and I'm not light nor do I have a small butt!  My old Octavia leather seat had 8 years wear before I moved it on and it too was near perfect when I did so.

If it has only 6k on it, the car is presumably less than 3 years old?  I would be first going back to the nearest dealership and raising a warranty claim if it looks like a fault.

Adam

Surely a wide butt will spread the weight?!  I covered 23k in my VW Tiguan and there was only a very small stretching of the leather.... At the time I weighed 20 stone with a suitably wide butt so the VW seat faired very well indeed.... Surely the Skoda seat will be up to a similair standard?  Anyway having lost 3.5 stone in four months last year I wont put as much strain on the leather!

I'm sorry, I should've said seats with raised sides like the car in question has,

Leather from 9 years ago if it's the older type found in the MK1 Superb Eleg/L&K specs is a much better leather than in the later VAG cars, if you want to see really poor quality leather take a gander in a Passat B6 Highline circa 58-10,

But even then I used find Cavaliers even with a flat squab would deform and drop on the door side of the seat,

Anyway have a little test, go look at Insignia Elite and Superb 2 SE/Eleg second hand cars and look at the squab edge of the drivers seat nearest the door and see the scruntched up effect even on cars that are only a year old with minimal miles on them,

@ OP, you may be able to delay the enevitable with some leather conditioner but overall it's going to happen anyway, think yourself lucky you didn't buy a B6 Passat or a last gen Octavia, the door card just disintergrates by having your arm resting on it, or the Superb MK1 handles and switches coverings that break away leaving you with something that looks like rubberised sunburn.

2013 19000k example.

http://pictures2.autotrader.co.uk/imgser-uk/servlet/media?id=ba122fb5e16462512e27fc6c96c78ea4&width=1024&height=764

Edited by Supurbia