Headlight problem

Driving home from my mum's last night with the Mrs in her car in front of me. When I got home she asked why I was flashing my lights at her, which I wasn't so I took a look.

I found that when turning the steering wheel from left to right the headlights go really dim. This occurs when stationary and at 2000, 3000 etc etc rpm

Has anyone had this problem or heard anything about it ?

Edited by wire

Yap. That happens in mine too. However it is not that much that one would confuse it with flashing. The dimming effect is very little, although noticeable.

Edited by niant

sounds as though you might have a bad connection, if its fitted with electrically powered steering pump then that takes a lot of power, if you reverse and have your headlights on as you turn the wheel the lights will go dim if the battery is getting low, how old is your battery ? was it very cold as that makes the battery work harder, check the main battery connections and check there are no loose connections around the main fuses. cheers - Stuart

• Like 2

Electric steering pump?... sheesh I'm getting out of touch with these things.

Always used to be belt driven off the crankshaft pulley in my day...

Time to retreat to my cave!

• Like 1

My Vauxhall Signum used to flicker it's headlights when the steering was moved lock to lock. That was at standstill, ok when on the move. I later found out it was electrically powered.