octavia 4x4 specs

bone

so why did skoda put different suspension on the rear of the 4x4? usually cars have the same equipment on all models dont they? I mean different settings for different sports models but the same suspension set up. any ideas?

Because of the 4WD! All other Octavia's are 2WD and the rear suspension would be incompatible.

I dont see why it would be incompatible though, suspension is suspension, doesnt matter what drive the car has does it?

I don't think there would be room for a diff between the rear wheels if they didn't change the suspension

I dont see why it would be incompatible though, suspension is suspension, doesnt matter what drive the car has does it?

The floorpan is different for the 4x4 too to accomodate the prop shaft and rear diff. This means the boot floor is higher and also the fuel tank is different and uses a twin tank setup on the 4x4.

ah ok then, pretty much a completely different car then! so any ideas if the suspension is actually better or just different?

It's better in theory as it's fully indepednant at the rear rather than the fixed beam of the 2wd's.

The new Octavia including 2wd's now uses an independant setup at the rear.

The vRS has a narrower front track (1500mm) than the standard Octavia (1513mm) and the 4X4 (1516mm). It also has the same narrower rear track (1487mm) as the 4X4 - the standard Octavia's is 1494mm. The maximum permissible braked trailer weight for all the 4X4 variants is 1500kg compared with 850-1300kg (depending on engine) for all other Octavia variants. Drawbar noseweight is also 65kg compared with 60kg for non 4X4s.