GTB17/60 hybrid turbo for Fabia VRS 240-250bhp potential with instant spool

XMANTURBOS

Hi,

GTB17/60vk hybrid (basically GTB1756vk with GTB2260vk compressor wheel) should be good for up to 240-250bhp safely. Welded onto stock 1.9TDI manifold ideal upgrade for your Fabia ;)

VNT rod length and stop screw adjustment are required after the turbo is fitted.

Max safe boost 1.8-1.9bar

£650 delivered within the UK

IMG_5914.jpg
free upload

IMG_5916.jpg
free upload

IMG_5918.jpg
screen capture freeware

you get close to 240bhp at around 2bar with stock GTB1756vk look: http://www.hidden-power.co.uk/2014/08/ 2.3bar is way to far if you ask me and I would never recommend running such boost on GTB17, 60mm compressor wheel let you push more air with lower boost 250bhp @ 2bar with efficient enough injectors will not be a problem

• 4 weeks later...

I thought the max these turbos could put out was 220-230?

230bhp with stock GTB1756vk but this one is fitted with 60mm compressor wheel...

they can also be made with billet wheel for 270bhp guaranteed but one is £850 delivered

• Like 1

Do you do any exchange on the basis of a Garrett GT1749VA?

This one seems to have little play in the turbo bearings or sign of any contact so should be a good usable turbo once serviced.

( However it is quite coked up on the exhaust side which needs to be sorted for it to be fully servicable which I was planning to do)

As an honesty point - having just recently tried to split it for cleaning which I haven't done yet, one of the exhaust side studs also snapped the head off

which I was planning to wick out then just weld the washer and nut back on for extraction attempts.

( A bit of a headache but not impossible in the right hands ).

Do you do any exchange on the basis of a Garrett GT1749VA?

This one seems to have little play in the turbo bearings or sign of any contact so should be a good usable turbo once serviced.

( However it is quite coked up on the exhaust side which needs to be sorted for it to be fully servicable which I was planning to do)

As an honesty point - having just recently tried to split it for cleaning which I haven't done yet, one of the exhaust side studs also snapped the head off

which I was planning to wick out then just weld the washer and nut back on for extraction attempts.

( A bit of a headache but not impossible in the right hands ).

could you please email me few pics? based on the description you have provided I will only be able to offer you £60-£70 for it

cheers

• 1 month later...

another 2 GTB17/60vk in stock £650 delivered

et of new gaskets (including uprated exhaust manifold gasket)and exhaust manifold nuts £30

braided oil feed £40

DIY oil return extension £15

4bar MAP £40

dp flange £20

dp gasket £5