Hello from Elgin, NE Scotland

OLAF

Well i thought it about time that i should join up and introduce myself.  I have been reading the tech guides of the forum for a while now.

I'm now on my third Octavia (currently 2 in the stable)

We first tracked down this example back in 2010 at a garage down near Gravesend, the kids called 'Him' Gaston.

WD_0284_zpsnrzq9zw0.jpeg

A 1.9 TDI Lauren and Klement version, with cream leather interior and beige interior.  It was a lovely car and served us well.

Then in August 14, we decided to trade in and upgrade (really regret trading Gaston in now, as could have been our ideal second car, and was worth more to us than they offered)

So welcome, 'OLAF' named after that annoying snowman from Frozen.

A 2.0TDI VRS 170CR, with DSG and flappy paddles.

WD_0524_zps0as1znxl.jpeg

With a recent relocation for work commitments, we now need a second car.  Mrs said it needs to be economical, a diesel, and small.

So naturally i went for this option.....

:D :D :D

regremoved_zpsqawqdsqu.jpg

A 1.8T VRS with more than a few little touches to it.  Came with a massive file of work done.

Currently running with

18's

Koni fully adjustable shocks with Blistein springs

Forge intake

Forge 007p

BMC carbon induction

3" Miltex downpipe

Supersprint full stainless exhaust

Revo Stage 2

Heavy duty sway bars

Uprated anti roll bars

Adjustable front strut brace

Apparently sitting at 227bhp with 267lb/ft torque.

Just needs a damn good clean and taxing now.

Oh and because of the colour the kids have named him 'Jerry'

signaturecar1_zpsc5i6xnxy.jpg

Thanks for looking

• Like 3

Hi and welcome to Briskoda ☺

Couple of lovely looking cars there......have always had a soft spot for yellow mk1 vrs's.

On another note, i'll be up in Elgin in July. The g/f has relatives in Hopeman so always visit Elgin and surrounding areas.

Small world, I too lived in Hopeman for 6years. Some wicked roads in the Highlands for your vRS, especially the far side of Inverness and south of the Lecht.

We're going up for gala week so probably drinking most of the time lol

• Like 1

Do you have VCDS? I'm in Nairn. Not that I need anything doing, just always good to know people.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

I did a few years ago, but havent a clue where the adaptor or disk has gone. Handy little tool though, once you work it out. I had the lite version.

I take it you haven't got it? Do you know anyone (briski user) near to us?)

• Like 1

Thanks all for the welcome. Steam cleaned 'Jerry's' interior today, and the seats have come up like new.

Looks like all 4 alloys have been driven alone a dry stone wall. Just been looking at DIY wheel refurb videos on you tube. Seams easy enough.

• Like 1

No, I don't have VCDS, I don't know of anyone local. I got my changes done by a guy in Lancaster when I went down to visit my parents. I met a guy on the Links once who stays in Nairn who does all his own bits and pieces, not sure if he has VCDS though. I will keep an eye out for 'jerry' as I'm often in Elgin.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Jerry is currently SORN, until I have sorted a few niggles, namely the ridiculous road tax bill.

But Olaf is rocking a new 'Olaf' sticker on his rump. So should be able to tell apart from others. Seen a **** load of Mk2 FL's around Elgin.

These new road tax rules are pish. They used to give you 2 weeks gratis if you taxed after, say the 16th of the month. Now they want the whole of January's paying for. G.T.F!!

• Like 1