Dan's Octavia mk2 vRS TDI

DanHam

Great car you got there Dan. Also loads planned. Will keep an eye out for you

Sent from my Galaxy S5

Thanks mate, what car have you got now?

On another note, wheels booked in to be powder coated February the 10th! Going to be a long day wasting 8 hours in Birmingham!

• Like 1

Thanks mate, what car have you got now?

On another note, wheels booked in to be powder coated February the 10th! Going to be a long day wasting 8 hours in Birmingham!

Still got my Octavia. Ain't seen you in Oswestry for ages.

Sent from my Galaxy S5

Glad no second thoughts yet Dan! None for me either going the other way :-)

Getting rid of the chrome grill and darker wheels will make a huge difference. Pre FL look great in race blue. I'd be tempted by rear tints to complete the makeover.

Still can't believe you got rid of your Fab for one of these!

As others have said, it's in the best colour and I do like them, but couldn't go from a PD lump to a CR.... Unless this is a PD?! (I don't know much about these, but have driven a mapped CR and was a little underwhelmed given it was 200odd brake)

I think you've also aged about 10 years :p

• Like 3

As others have said, it's in the best colour and I do like them, but couldn't go from a PD lump to a CR.... Unless this is a PD?! (I don't know much about these, but have driven a mapped CR and was a little underwhelmed given it was 200odd brake)

Still PD170 :)
  • Like 1

Does look nice :)

And your mods will make it look nicer.Any pics of it lowered?

I think you've also aged about 30 years :p

Edited for a more accurate Octavia owners age :)

• Like 1

underwelmed? I have a remapped cr and its defo faster then my old remapped fabia. Its just as punchy but has the added bonus of pulling in higher revs.

Yup, underwhelmed.

The power delivery is obviously different between the two engines and I'm used to the PD surge whereas you don't get that in the CR.

I have no doubt that a mapper 170CR is quicker than a mapped Fabia as there will be at least 20bhp difference in favour of the CR, but there is no punch as you put it in the CR IMHO.

Horses for courses :)

• Like 1

EGR delete on the way as it chucks up an engine mgmt light now and again which is EGR related. Then I'll just need a dpf back exhaust and can go for another map. Was going to get the shark uprated one but I am thinking of saving a little more and going custom to be honest.

Made up a cone filter last Sunday morning using an S2000 filter

CBD69051-C2F6-4CE4-83D1-EC55B357D6EF_zps

Also HIDs coded in last week

C95C0B72-28DF-41D7-903F-15A5C9E177C2_zps

Crappy snow covered picture!!

LED number plate lights too

0D41A5FC-726A-4389-9EA9-CD17584F4B9E_zps

Wheels being refurbished next Tuesday by city powder coat. Got a new fog light and a few other bits and bobs on the way.

Love the car so far! Much nicer to drive than Fabia, just munches miles like its nothing! Just bit dissappointed with the map the last few days. There's an occasional stutter in the Rev range too which is there as standard and also in this Shark map but I think shark have since done an update to remove the stutter.

Did you find that on Autotrader? I was looking at one with photos very similar to those at the top

eBay, didn't check auto trader, that site has gone down hill majorly over the last few years!

• Like 1

Took theses last Thursday thought I'd uploaded them obviously not!

AC3719F9-9756-406D-9B5C-C78A1B1149B4_zps

60F0F049-7B1C-4E23-B8C9-EA7185CF6A99_zps

A36DFA39-6E01-4342-BDE4-78DA2AFB9FCD_zps

1CD21C6B-7D82-460E-9CE6-0269A5546909_zps

Updates are, carbon wrapped upper grille on the front. Lowered it some more - rear is such a PITA. Fly eyes on the clear bits of rear lights and also the reflectors.

New week and more updates to come once I have recovered from being ill! Was going to venture outside and apply aquapel and pics of the refurbished wheels but some idiot has gone out and taken the keys to the barn with them so all of my stuff is in there :@

• Like 1

City Powder Coats, they're good but from yesterday's experience as them tor their quote in writing when you arrive!

Ahh right. One of those places. Can they also look at slightly bent ones?

Sent from my Galaxy S5