Mileage Milestones

On 29/04/2017 at 22:19, camelspyyder said:

30000 yesterday for me.

still on the original tyres too.

I think I would have still been on the factory Dunlop rubber, had I not opted for an early change in favour of the infinitely quieter Michelin Cross Climate tyres. 

• 4 months later...
59 minutes ago, Yak said:

Rapid Sport’s 1.2 TSi still going strong

2EE52615-B343-4F1A-B93C-B05696120E0D.jpeg

Ooooh - lots of miles. How old is the car?

• 6 months later...

Today I hit 35,000 miles. That’s over four and a quarter years since the car was first registered.

62E0D8B8-9BFF-42BE-A573-C240FCC71180.jpeg

16 hours ago, DJG1984 said:

So this happened today in the Rapid. 

DSC_0406.JPG

How long has it taken you to do 20K?

On 30/04/2018 at 11:05, chrisgreen said:

How long has it taken you to do 20K?

I've done  6914.8 since 10th Feb last year. 

• 5 months later...
On 29/09/2017 at 10:58, eastbam said:

Hi everybody,

I have just reached 40000km with my 5 years old 1.2TSI, so far so good.

All the best

IMG_6192.JPG

Hi everybody,

just reached 50000km (31068.56 miles), the engine is a 1.2TSI. Very pleased with the car. Well, maybe the fuel consumption could have been better but I'm not complaining too much. We are doing mostly short urban trips so a high consumption is expected.

All the best! 

Just now, eastbam said:

Hi everybody,

just reached 50000km (31068.56 miles), the engine is a 1.2TSI. Very pleased with the car. Well, maybe the fuel consumption could have been better but I'm not complaining too much. We are doing mostly short urban trips so a high consumption is expected.

All the best! 

Sorry I forgot to include the proof :) :

2hy7x1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Pulled up on the drive on Sunday, have not had a chance to drive since. So painfully close to a milestone:

CBCDA19E-C317-4086-B990-F61C9F493B8B.thumb.jpeg.d49fb80ae5687a785794ea161664deb1.jpeg

• 5 months later...

A couple of months back crept up to a significant mileage.  Currently just passed 103,500 miles and sadly saying goodbye to the car.  Has been a sterling little motor with below cataloging the few faults repaired and mods undertaken during the 5 1/4 years of ownership:

Faults Repaired:

1) Air conditioning thermostat (~55,000)

2) Ignition leads and coil (~65,000)

3) Turbo actuator (~85,000)

4) Ignition switch (~95,000)

Modifications done:

1) Lowered with Eibach springs

2) Remapped

3) Upgraded radio from swing unit to amundsen+ with sat nav

4) Minor body work changes; Superskoda honeycomb front grill , maxton design front spliiter, skoda rapid mudflaps and door sill protectors

5) Once fitted Dunlops were chnaged alternated between Continental winter tyres and Goodyear Eagle summer tyres on the factory fitted 17" aloys

Been a great little runner

100k.jpg

• Like 1

On 17/10/2019 at 19:03, Yak said:

A couple of months back crept up to a significant mileage.  Currently just passed 103,500 miles and sadly saying goodbye to the car.  Has been a sterling little motor with below cataloging the few faults repaired and mods undertaken during the 5 1/4 years of ownership:

Faults Repaired:

1) Air conditioning thermostat (~55,000)

2) Ignition leads and coil (~65,000)

3) Turbo actuator (~85,000)

4) Ignition switch (~95,000)

Modifications done:

1) Lowered with Eibach springs

2) Remapped

3) Upgraded radio from swing unit to amundsen+ with sat nav

4) Minor body work changes; Superskoda honeycomb front grill , maxton design front spliiter, skoda rapid mudflaps and door sill protectors

5) Once fitted Dunlops were chnaged alternated between Continental winter tyres and Goodyear Eagle summer tyres on the factory fitted 17" aloys

Been a great little runner

100k.jpg

I'd be interested in why the aircon thermostat was changed @55k miles?

Apols - was the heater blower resistor that failed at 55k.  Symptoms were heater blower was only working on max setting (4).  I understand it’s quite a common fault - easy and cheap fix

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Yak said:

Apols - was the heater blower resistor that failed at 55k.  Symptoms were heater blower was only working on max setting (4).  I understand it’s quite a common fault - easy and cheap fix

Ahh ok thanks, was asking because my Toledo has developed an annoying tendancy to turn the heater up itself. It seems coupled to the climate control. It's quite random and seems to right itself and never happens again for weeks, I'm baffled.🙄