Retro fitting cruise control.

2007 Octy VRS -

Has anyone had any experience of cruise control fitting? Is it worth it?

What sort of price should I expect to pay and are they any decent places that do it in Lincoln?

Cheers guys :)

I had a 2007 Octavia (not Vrs) and bought a used stalk from another member in here for £25 and did it myself.

It depends what steering controller you have fitted as to whether it will be possible (without changing the controller).

If you have Maxidot display, you'll almost certainly be OK.

Fitting is straight forward - I don't think you'll need to run an extra wire in your car.

Then it'll need coding with VCDS: Steering controller and the engine controller. This'll be a few minutes then you'll be good to go (after clearing any fault codes).

Well worth it for not a lot of money. I used mine quite a lot.

I fitted one to my old mk1.  The current one was factory fitted. 

Indispensable for me on long runs down to my sister's in Germany.  6 hours, 414 miles non stop.  (plus the UK bit).

Also excellent if you are getting paranoid about speeding, click it in at 30, 40, 50 whatever and no worries about inadvertently getting carried away.

There a few good vids on youtube showing how to do it, just look for a golf tutorial. I was lucky as well, the correct controller was already installed.

Love mine and very useful with average speed cameras.

It depends what steering controller you have fitted as to whether it will be possible (without changing the controller).

How would you check your steering controller is compatible for cc, plug vcds and click what ? Edited by DanialA11

How would you check your steering controller is compatible for cc, plug vcds and click what ?

Scan the car and save the report. Look at the version of steering controller fitted.

Have look at the Ross Tech website page and if you are still not sure, post the results of controller 16 - Steering Wheel which should look like this:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Address 16: Steering wheel        Labels: 1K0-953-549-MY8.lbl
   Part No SW: 1K0 953 549 BC    HW: 1K0 953 549 BC
   Component: Lenks‰ulenmodul 036 0070  
   Coding: 0000042
   Shop #: WSC 73430 790 00000
   VCID: 74ED2524178D7FB835D

No fault code found.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did mine not so long ago, 2007 VRS.. took about 90 mins as I hadnt done it before, fairly easy to do and got a genuine stalk from EDDIE-NL on here.

Have used the **** out of it with all the motorway miles i do, so if you do any long drives its worth it!!