Need advice on installing Stream mp3

Hi all

I have got a 2006 octavia 1.9 tdi and the fitted stereo is the stream model which i arent happy with as i want to be able to plug in my iphone and easily listen to my music.

I have just bought a stream mp3 from ebay and was wondering exactly what aux leads i need to fit and the process i need to make to fit it, thier are so many leads i have found on ebay that im confused which one i need and have rang halfords and others but they dont seem to know so am hoping one of you pro's can enlighten me :)

also the stereo i have bought is without the code so is it advisable to take it to skoda to get it or is thier a cheaper way of doing it ??

Thank you in advance for for taking the time to read this :)

The code you can purchase of eBay for £10.99 as I done the same for my pre fl skoda

There are really 2 types of leads you can buy off eBay the female and male connectors

I used the female connector and pulled out the blank next to the pass airbag light then drilled a little hole and screwed it in to give it a factory flush look I will find the eBay add when I'm home and post it here for you

IMG-20140921-WA0003_zpsquydlfny.jpeg

Thanks for the heads up mate and i take it its a simple stereo replacement process then and all i will need is the aux lead and nothing else ?? is this correct ??

Also will i need to have specific head unit removal pin thingys to remove existing stereo or is it just bolted in ??

Do you have a CD changer in the boot? If so you will need to remove the pins from that plug and stick them in the corresponding holes in the CD changer plug. If not then it goes straight in like it is. Removing the pins is fairly easy with a small jeweller's screwdriver.

You don't need stereo removal keys, just a 20mm torx bit on a screwdriver. The screws are under the four plastic covers in the four corners of the headunit.

Adam

• Like 1

A bit of a search should reveal a guide on here somewhere which is rather good... It's what I followed to do mine.

An easy mod though which makes a world of difference to the car [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea mate i been looking on here but am having difficulty finding a guide !! where did you find you're aux input lead though cos im having a bit of difficulty trying to find one !! where did you get yours mate ??

Yea mate i been looking on here but am having difficulty finding a guide !! where did you find you're aux input lead though cos im having a bit of difficulty trying to find one !! where did you get yours mate ??

I got mine of eBay however it is no longer on there as said before I have a spare you can have for £8

Also there is a video on YouTube to show removal of cd player and aux installation

I bought some cables directly from a vw dealer... Yellow ones specifically for audio, but without the connector. Then I soldered them to the 3.5mm jack socket installed in the button blank, and plugged the other end into the main wiring block as mine had the cd changer installed also.

Edit: here is the part number for the cables: 000 979 010

f8bb7bdf16ec408e39e3390f24ec338a.jpg

Those ones

Edited by Fuzz
  • Like 1

Hey thanks for the info from everyone but danial i was hoping to get a female aux jack so i can fix it to the blank like on the picture you posted mate as i think it looks smarter being a permanent fixture :)

Well my new stereo arrived tonight so will be attempting to install it over the weekend and as im about as mechanically minded as a chimp it should be fun ha ha  

oh and thank you too fuzz :)

• Like 1

ok danial but i just need to understand one thing , is the lead you got a plug and play jobby and will the cd function no longer work if i plug this lead in.

i apologise for my lack of knowledge mate but just wanna be sure how to successfullydo the job the 1st time so i dont have to mess with it once its in, im sure you will understand mate !!

how would you want me to pay you ?? paypal ?? if so i will sort it when i finish work around 5pm mate..

thanks, paul 

The lead I am selling you plug into the rear of headunit

The only function you will loose is cd changer

When u pull your original headunit out there will be 3 plugs the smallest blue one as shown on the video above will be replaced by the aux plug I will provide

Yes PayPal will be fine

Ahem, non freedom advertising isn't allowed!  :P

I shall let this one ride as looks already finalised.  Non freedom members are better off using PM system. not public forums as moderators get irritable and grumpy.  ;)

Oooooooop's sorry fella ha ha only just joined and have i done summat wrong ?? if i have i wholeheartedly apologise!!!

I have only just joined your site and must say its a good font of knowledge so will be more careful in future mate :)

It will do as the jack plug will have the negative in a specific one of the three locations. The two left and right positives can probably be interchanged but I am not sure which way around they are all sorry. You may need to test the jack socket terminal voltage differentials when powered up (connected to a device via a lead) with a multimeter and go from there.