Rapid Spaceback - DAB / Sat Nav Upgrade..

Hi all,

First post so please be gentle! 

I am hoping to trade in  my wifes small kia picanto for a rapid spaceback - there are some decent deals out there both new and used.  I have had the 1.2tsi 105 engine in an Ibiza previous and its a fantastic engine which should have enough power for the Spaceback.  On the flip side i have owned a golf with the 86bhp engine and found it too slow....

Anyway!!  A new SE tech model has DAB and Sat Nav and Bluetooth  and can be bought with 0 miles for 13.5k...  (essentials for commute and work)

A used 14 plate can be had for circa 10,500 with bluetooth but no Sat Nav/DAB - looks like a SWING head unit from the photos..

So!

Can i get a built in Skoda head unit installed with DAB and Sat Nav?  If not - can i retrofit the Swing with DAB?  Or do i have to go down the other manufacturer option?

Any help that would be great!!!

Cheers

Ben

(any other views on the model would be appreciated!)

Amundsen is probably cheaper - and has Nav, DAB, BT, Voice dialling, Aux in, Traffic, CD, Phone control, yada yada.

Look at Toledos - 2014 model zero miles SE with all the toys were under 11000 last month.

Edited by camelspyyder

+1 for the above, I bought one but mine was £11.5k. Could have got it for less if I had waited another couple of months :peek:

Has all the above DAB/NAV etc. Only missing heated seats but not a big problem with cloth seats.

Thanks all - looked at the spaceback and normal rapid yesterday again and the boot in the normal rapid (and therefore toledo) is a monster!!

Although IMO the spaceback looks like the neater car the boot is slightly smaller to the point where a pram (which sadly i need to start thinking about!) may struggle to fit.. Therefore considering the rapid/toledo option but only in 105 and not 86bhp.

On the sat nav - i looked at the old mans Sat Nav in the fabie monte carlo estate and looked pretty good - certainly needed for my job.

Thanks all - looked at the spaceback and normal rapid yesterday again and the boot in the normal rapid (and therefore toledo) is a monster!!

Although IMO the spaceback looks like the neater car the boot is slightly smaller to the point where a pram (which sadly i need to start thinking about!) may struggle to fit.. Therefore considering the rapid/toledo option but only in 105 and not 86bhp.

On the sat nav - i looked at the old mans Sat Nav in the fabie monte carlo estate and looked pretty good - certainly needed for my job.

mother-in-laws mobility wheels fit in with loads of room 

You should have no issue with a pram or pushchair in a Spaceback. I had five 15inch rims with tyres in the boot of mine on Thursday, didn't even need to drop the seats or take the parcel shelf out.

• Like 1