Warning lights on a car juddering

vRS G60

Coming home from work tonight and all of a sudden loss of power and 3 lights on dash -

EPC, engine symbol and traction control symbol. No power and car juddering. Booked into Skoda tomorrow but they've no cars available so it's a days holiday wasted.

They had a quick look and a fault on the clutch control unit showed up. It's a DSG and been in for the juddering between 1st & 2nd but they said see how it goes before the warranty runs out.

Damn cars  :thumbdown:

I had constant problems on my 62 reg Yeti 170hp 4x4 from four months old. At twelve months enough was enough and I traded in and got an Octy 3 combi 4x4. The final straw was when I had numerous warning lights come on,epc,engine symbol oil warning light, and brakes on dash then  low oil level on the maxi dot, failure of the speedo and rev counter, then the thing shut down and wouldn't let me restart. Recovered by RAC, dropped off at dealers where it promptly started with no warning lights. Took the dealer another six months and various parts replaced before the fault was finally traced, a faulty reversing sensor. Then the penny dropped, it always happened when I reversed off the drive or out of a parking space.

Edited by redcar_reds

One of the ht leads sounds the most likely candidate. Simple to replace yourself and set of 4 is about £35 from euro car parts. They overheat due to being next to the exhaust manifold so the redesigned leads have a bit of plastic cladding to'insulate' them.

One of the ht leads sounds the most likely candidate. Simple to replace yourself and set of 4 is about £35 from euro car parts. They overheat due to being next to the exhaust manifold so the redesigned leads have a bit of plastic cladding to'insulate' them.

As I've said above Skoda got back to me yesterday to say no compression on cylinder 3.

Head off today to investigate. So more serious than an HT lead.

A new engine is exactly what is required. Holed piston.

Now I'm an engineer and we'll never get to the bottom of why the piston has a hole in it but extreme heat would, to me, be the likely cause. Why the engine would get hot on one cylinder is anyone's guess.

• 2 weeks later...