Superb Estate L&K - Boot parcel shelf

Keltic

My fleet manager just informed me I can't order the electric boot option with parcel shelf.  (long story).

I see there is a retractable parcel shelf (Automatically retracts when the boot opens) also as an option.

My question is does the car have any parcel shelf at all as standard?

I test drove an Elegance that had one but I was made aware the car had a few extra options added that were not standard on the Elegance so I am not sure what is what.

Any help / advice most welcome.

The estate comes with a retractable parcel shelf as standard.  You knock it once with your hand and it retracts part-way, then knock it again and it retracts the rest of the way.  It really isn't any effort at all.  The optional automatic retraction means that the parcel shelf retracts every time you open the boot, rather than you having to knock it manually.

• Like 1

When you pull the retractable shelf to its fully closed position and close the boot its stays closed when you open the boot it automatically opens the shelf at it part opened position with no input from the driver, to open it fully push the front of the shelf down it retracts fully as described above.

• Like 1

I have L&K with Electric boot and manual(ish) parcel shelf, operation exactly as the guys describe above.

I think the operation of the parcel shelf partial retract on boot open can be switched on / off via Maxdot config panel

• Like 1

I'm not being pedantic in saying it's a load cover, not a parcels shelf. It won't support any parcels, and wouldn't even take the weight of a weekend newspaper. There is no parcels shelf available for the estate. Perhaps using the term load cover might get your fleet manager to be more cooperative

• Like 1

I'm not being pedantic in saying it's a load cover, not a parcels shelf. It won't support any parcels, and wouldn't even take the weight of a weekend newspaper. There is no parcels shelf available for the estate. Perhaps using the term load cover might get your fleet manager to be more cooperative

Thanks for the help.

Makes things a lot clearer for me.  I should have known that there was a parcel shelf (I agree it's not really a shelf) that came as standard but I honestly read everything and could not find a clear answer.

I tried to argue that the automatic boot was a safety feature (bad back) but got no joy.  I was well under my budget but the option is considered as a "luxury" item.  That made me laugh.

The entire car is a luxury item let alone the L&K spec.

Further to this you can buy a boot net that fits(hangs) up under the load cover from superskoda Koacekimports 

Quite a useful bit of kit for light articles, I keep my work schematics, drawings in it out of the way and because its net you can see through it, pull out what you need and the rest of your stuff doesn't blow away if they were loose in the boot floor.  

• Like 1