Flashing glow plugs warning light diesel VRS

The wife's been at it again ha! Flashing glow plugs came on whilst she was driving the VRS set itself into low rpm mode. According the manual fault with engine control engine sets itself to emergency mode. Only had the VRS 2 months however did 500 mile blast up and down the A1 on Monday. Anyway calling the local stealer tomorrow get her checked in (the car not the wife pmsl).

if it happens again then call skoda assist.  After they come out to check it if it needs to be towed theyll organise a free hire car.  Taking it straight to the dealer leaves you with whatever courtesy cars they do (or dont) have.

learned from this one on here and got a golf for 5 days while my pressure sensor was replaced.

• Like 2

Happened to mine on a 1000 miles and again on 28000 miles. No boost?

Boost sensor replaced on both occasions under warranty and the problem was solved. Think it shows a fault something like "intake air leak". They played with mine for 3 weeks the first time and 2 days the second time when I pointed out it had the same fault as the first time I had the problem.

• Like 1

Happened to mine on a 1000 miles and again on 28000 miles. No boost?

Boost sensor replaced on both occasions under warranty and the problem was solved. Think it shows a fault something like "intake air leak". They played with mine for 3 weeks the first time and 2 days the second time when I pointed out it had the same fault as the first time I had the problem.

I had exactly the same a few weeks ago. It's beginning to sound like a fairly common issue

• Like 2

I had exactly the same a few weeks ago. It's beginning to sound like a fairly common issue

The boost sensor failure is a very common issue. I had the same on mine (as did several other people from another thread).

When I took my car to the dealer with this fault (in switzerland there is a great "Drop-In" Express Service where you can come without an appointment & they will look at your car within 1-hour to perform an initial diagnosis) the technician looked at the boost pressure sensor before even connecting a diagnostic tool.

1-hour later I had the car back repaired, washed & valetted.

Not had a reoccurence of the problem for the last 25,000km

• Like 1

Called Skoda Assistance and had a Skoda/VAG technician turn up in a van. He ran a fault finding diagnostic after I told him I read on a forum it was possibly a pressure sensor issue. He said don't belive anything you read on forums! Turns out it was a pressure sensor ha! He went off to get the part and fitted the G31 pressure sensor on the driveway in about 20 mins. Saved me a trip to the stealer! He then took the car for a road test came back all ok. He commented on how well the car drove his first VRS road test apparently. Coming from a VAG technician a true complement!

Edited by bigchrisg
  • Like 1

Mine broke down a while back with the same thing.

Between my wife and I we've had 9 new cars since 2008. First Skoda, first one to brake down. Make of that what you will.

As its a sensor which is faulty (rather than the engine design or assembly) its probably a faulty patch from a supplier that went undetected, so its quite likely other manufacturers will also experience the same thing.

VAG will just buy this part from a supplier, so there's probably lots of people on the Peugeot forum complaining of the same thing with their new diesel.

Whilst its not good that there is a fault with your car, I found the whole experience to be very positive for Skoda in my eyes.

1) The after-sales service from the garage was excellent.

2) The diagnostic feature worked well to detect the problem & prevent expensive damage or repair.

If the diagnostic didn't activate, an incorrect boost pressure could lead to a number of failures, cylinder head leaks, broken cat or DPF which can become expensive outside the warrenty period.