Service Schedule/Service Book

I believe the book is no longer supplied which is now the case for all cars in the VW Group stable I believe.

In addition to the digital record, I would keep all receipts for all work done which comes in handy if you get work done outside the dealer network.

Will it have all data applicable to your car, online accessible by customer including any Skoda UK CS COMMUNICATION. Total history accessible by vin no. Like a BANK ACCOUNT.

Including ,warranty work, recall and or Service Campaigns etc.

Edited by vrskeith

• 2 weeks later...
Ill get one similar. I dont necessarely service my cars at a VAG shop. Definetely not in this town. In fact Ive found the marble halls to provide the worst service in every means. Usually they are good as part swappers but mechanics? No! Also too good at charging too. According to newer EU directives you cannot void your guarantees by engaging third part shops either.

Edit; tablets!

Edited by pfaff

To be honest it is probably better to be electronic, as most dealers don't remember to fill it in. Classic example with my scout, no where in the dealer stamped book where the details of the haldex being serviced. But chasing last dealer, I managed to get copy of work being done.

I imagine that if you ain't got the approved equipment to record such repairs and servicing then the warranty on your car will be in question. A Independent dealer that I use had to spend 80k recently on new systems to be able to service vw, audi etc from 2015 onwards. Apparently links via Internet to vw HQ, so I can imagine it is possible nail in coffin for vagcom and individuals wanting to diagnosis and repair their vehicles. :-(