*Positive vRS Thread*- No off topic!

Gumby

The receptionist at my local dealer said she liked my car when I went in to get my service light reset, that made my day and made me love my car even more

• Like 2

Mrs Furbytom really fancies a new Polo GTI but you'd struggle to fit a hamster in the boot :-(

As I own a Polo GTI I can say it is a cracking little car once the oil issues have been sorted. I do agree the boot isn't great but for me it is the perfect size as I don't really do massive weekly shops. It is a shame that VW don't do an Estate version of the Polo any more.

As I own a Polo GTI I can say it is a cracking little car once the oil issues have been sorted. I do agree the boot isn't great but for me it is the perfect size as I don't really do massive weekly shops. It is a shame that VW don't do an Estate version of the Polo any more.

new 1.8 tsi GTI having oil problem same as 1.4 twincharger? 

I'll ask one last time.  Please keep this thread to Positive comments about the Mk2 Fabia vRS. 

That means (but is not limited to):

No talk about other cars

No talk about oil problems

No talk about cars that are people think are better

No talk about being worried about buying one

No talk about Skoda customer service

There are endless threads about the above points. That is why this thread was started in the first place, so people could say positive things which are rarely seen in this forum section.

We were having a good run of positive comments but it's veering off topic rapidly. 

Don't make me lock the thread. Thanks.

• Like 4

Just passed 48000 miles and going in for a service tomorrow, still love driving it and I can't believe I've had it for over 2 years already!

The 4 year lease might get extended

• Like 3

Yeah they look nice. It would be the new 1.8T we'd go for though. Wouldn't touch an unknown 1.4Tsi out of warranty.

Sorry for the off topic ;-)

Had ours Serviced last week (2nd year "major" one). SWMBO is loving the vRS since its been done. Thinks it drives better/smoother. Don't know if that is placebo effect or not!

Had ours Serviced last week (2nd year "major" one). SWMBO is loving the vRS since its been done. Thinks it drives better/smoother. Don't know if that is placebo effect or not!

funny that, I always thought they drive better after a service! I think 5th gear did a test one on a golf GTI, and got 0-60 half a second faster after the oil change! :o

• Like 1

funny that, I always thought they drive better after a service! I think 5th gear did a test one on a golf GTI, and got 0-60 half a second faster after the oil change! :o

I can concour with this too, mine always felt better after a service and oil change. Maybe because it actaully had the correct amount of oil in it for once!!

I still miss mine, it was a cracking little car. The 3 series is a better package overall (IMO) but the punchy engine, fantastic gearbox and feeling like you're not out to prove anything while driving it I do miss.

The oil consumption not so much. :thumbdown:

• Like 2

Had mine for about 3 weeks now, just had it serviced, runs like a dream, good fuel consumption, goes like a train when needed, not too small, not too big, everything I will ever need/want in a car.

• Like 4

First MOT yesterday on the Illness,no problems. Looking forward to the first of our bi annual trips up to the Dales in the first week of April.Every mile still comes with a smile !

• Like 3

My car passed it's 1st MOT yesterday with flying colours. 

Car is undergoing oil consumption test at present. It definitely feels different since I got it back. Smoother & seems faster through the gears.  

Does anybody know, do they do an ECU update when it goes in for oil consumption test? Is there anyway of telling if it has the latest software. Would VCDS show the current version?