*Positive vRS Thread*- No off topic!

Gumby

• 1 month later...

Just had mine back from the garage for misfires.

Found a broken wire in the airflow sensor.

Seems to run better now and also sound better. Maybe that's just a placebo ha!

Other than that I love my VRS.

No lag, instant boost when needed and genuinely more comfy ride than my old zetec S.

My Flabio has been out on loan and just got it back,

oil as it was 1,200 miles ago so no drop. (ASDA 5w 40 Full Synthetic @ £20 for 5 litres is lovely stuff.)

so washed and polished, checked pressures to be sure the heavy air is still in all the tyres,

fresh new air filter in, even though it was not needed,

i had 25 litres of 102 ron petrol sitting in an opened can so that in the tank now to use it up.

Just had a wee blast before having a bit of a run tonight when it is nice and cool and the roads are maybe dry.

How does it run on 102 Ron?

Best kept for special occasions and when you have a Map that gets the benefit, but i always think of it as cheaper than going to the Opera.

Tesco Momentum 99 is 99 octane minimum, and sometimes might be 100 octane or better,

i find it can be in winter spec, and not much different from 100-102 ron.

Well as long as you are north of the likes of Blackpool, no idea what rubbish can be in the Filling Station tanks down that way.

(i just know a perfectly good running engine can feel crap once you get some of the rubbish they sell.)

Just got back from 3 months in Southern Spain, covered 4200 miles on Repsol or Cepsa 98 RON. Car behaved perfectly, & without the fear of speed cameras every couple of miles, I certainly gave it a good thrashing.

Used a bit of oil, best part of 3 litres & it's in for an oil consumption test on Monday, although I guess they'll say it's within spec. Warranty expires early March so I want everything checked out before then, & then maybe explore extended warranty? Average MPG was 42.6.

Edited by vrs4now
  • Like 2

My car never uses oil as i use it, thrashed as often as is possible,

but it has consistently used oil when on loan to one of my nearest and dearest and it is just driven as any other car /vehicle, no warming up time gets given, lots of short trips, and then motorway trips, but then they never exceed speed limits..

So as much as 1.2 litre can be consumed in 1,000 - 1,300 miles, but usually it is less than 0.5 of a litre. 

Then this last time they had it for 3 weeks and 1,200 miles and not a drop used.

Zero ziltz used, and 36 mpg showing as the average. Not sure how much actual fuel they put in over the time they have it.

Edited by GoneOffskiroottoot
  • Like 3

I took mine for its first run up one of my favourite stretches that I'll be doing regularly in summer.

Lovely windy roads, nearly enjoyed it that much I could of took it to Matlock but wouldn't get the full benefit with other cars on the road.

Such a joy on the twisty corners!

I'm sure you'll miss it!

• Like 1

I like cheesy Youtube Reviews, and the the fact that the Fugly cars are no longer in production.

(Maybe some members will spot their cars in this one.)

Really pleased that vxh26 never got around to buying one. Lucky escape for him / her.

& Nath's vRS.

Edited by GoneOffskiroottoot
  • Like 1

<SNIP>

Really pleased that vxh26 never got around to buying one. Lucky escape for him / her.

<SNIP>

There is time yet, due to relentless unflattering complaints from some "informed" quarters, second hand prices may not hold up and bargains may abound ;)

yes, our "other cars" now... the Abarth, while incredible to drive, such a hoot, puts a big smile on your face, there is turbo lag.... same with the octy (and then the boost dissapears :( ) I will miss the twincharger!

It was partly the turbo lag in the Abarth that made it such fun to drive. Proper "old skool" lol. Mate of mine has just got a new Abarth 500 and they've now mapped out the lag so it's very linear. Found it very boring compared to the older ones! :-(

• Like 1