Absolutely Flaming Livid!

Such

Just had my first MOT and brake fluid change at motorline skoda, DARTFORD.

It passed MOT no issues whatsoever.

A report and some pics of the drivers side upper right bolster was to be done at the time.

After waiting for around 90mins, I checked progress and was told the report was being done whilst the car was being washed.

Now, I did not agree to the car being washed, in fact when servicing, instructions are to NOT WASH.

You can guess where this is going -  got home and my car is now covered with swirls and scratches all over!

There were a few swirls before, but you really had to look for them, now every panel looks like it was washed with a fence panel paint brush.

I took it back and the service manager did not want to know - he compared it with other cars on the forecourt, even new cars and said they all have it.

He event questioned the history of my car due to hits possible involvement in an accident before my ownership, and that it had probably been partly resprayed at some point in the past - totally irrelevant!

I stated that the car is not how I left it with them, and one of the chaps on there is well aware of how i look after my cars. (he was not around to comment)

The new service guy even made a comment that i actually "Asked" for it to be washed! - I did not expect them to wash after an MOT & brake fluid change, or ask!

This has really ruined my day and got my blood boiling! (normally very chilled except when it comes to my VRS!)

I have been in touch with skoda uk, and they are to get back to me later.

Now the difficulty i have is proving that the car was not like that before! What rights or recompense do i have? 

I would expect them to contribute to the cost of putting it right, as the car was not perfect before.

Any suggestions are welcome

Thanks

They wouldn't normally wash after an MOT. It's included as part of the service.

I like how he compared it to the new cars on the forecourt and said they all have it... yeah... that's 'cos it's the same monkeys washing your new cars as washing yours!

If the dealer manager doesn't want to know then the only way to go is Skoda UK.

You may have trouble though unless you got them to write on the job sheet not to wash it.

Phil

• Like 2

Ohhh dear...!!!

I feel your pain especially if (judging by what you said) you love your car and prefer to look after it by yourself.

I'm not a pro detailer but I love cleaning my cars.

I visited Motorline Dartford few times but unfortunately they're not the nicest and pleasant to deal with IMO hence why we purhcased our brand new CitiGo from Preston Motors.

Our CitiGo has free servicing and looks like I'd not be taking it to have it done in Motorline in Dartford.

Hope you'll get his sorted. It will be hard to prove it to them as you mentioned but I think they should pay or give you the money to get the car machine polished which should remove the swirls

Matty

• Like 1

Did u get them to write NO WASH on the job sheet?

If yes - then at least Service Manager is at fault already.

I always watch them write NO WASH when my car was at Skoda.

Next yes its an uphill battle to proof the condition of before ...

• Like 1

thanks for the comments, I did not request "no wash" as it was just an mot and brake fluid change, whilst I waited

The service chap I usually deal with knows not to wash it! unfortunately there was a new chap there today.

Had they told me they were going to wash, i would have politely declined.

I have spoke with skoda uk, and they are awaiting motorline to reply to their calls.

I will be cancelling my booking that I have next week!

I understand your fury. Despite once asking for it not to be washed I went to collect to be told it was just being washed! I nearly went ballistic but by the time the service manager got through to the wash bay it was too late. Now, I attach a big A4 notice on the steering wheel saying "Do not wash". I hope you get a satisfactory resolution on this but I'm not sure anything can compensate the kind of damage you describe.

This is down to their integrity. From their response so far it speaks volumes.

I'm not saying they are right or wrong, just that they don't seem to be dealing with it very well.

Motorline Skoda, DARTFORD should also realise that this sort of thing also goes viral over social media.

If they value their reputation I think they should change their approach.

Edited by ufitsy

This is down to their integrity. From their response so far it speaks volumes.

I'm not saying they are right or wrong, just that they don't seem to be dealing with it very well.

Motorline Skoda, DARTFORD should also realise that this sort of thing also goes viral over social media.

If they value their reputation I think they should change their approach.

The truth though is that the majority of Skoda owners would be well complaining if it came back from service and it hadn`t been washed and cleaned....sorry

I will not let them anywhere near it now, I will either live with it, or find someone local to correct it.

Shame you are far Chris, I've read and seen all good things about your work!

I may take some pics tomorrow.

Think yourself lucky, Pulman Skoda in Durham have an mini-automated car wash.

It really is bad, if it actually washed the car it wouldn't be so bad but it can't even do that properly!

The first thing I do now is get the guy to write "DO NOT WASH" on the job sheet.

I will not let them anywhere near it now, I will either live with it, or find someone local to correct it.

Shame you are far Chris, I've read and seen all good things about your work!

I may take some pics tomorrow.

Too kind. Thankyou

I was down there today and they were having that VIP thingy session.  I spoke to that chap you were referring to about an issue I was having with my clutch, nice chap but obviously quite new. Had to repeat everything again when the regular guy came to the desk as he didn't know how to book it on the system. Any way your experience has really put me off as I have booked the car in for next  week.  The last service was done with them with no qualms, car wasn't washed though..

I was down there today and they were having that VIP thingy session.  I spoke to that chap you were referring to about an issue I was having with my clutch, nice chap but obviously quite new. Had to repeat everything again when the regular guy came to the desk as he didn't know how to book it on the system. Any way your experience has really put me off as I have booked the car in for next  week.  The last service was done with them with no qualms, car wasn't washed though..

I was there from 0830 to 1030 for what should have been an hour!. Louis is the chap I normally deal with and I have had no complaints with him over the years.

Good luck getting your car serviced. btw the chap that worked on my VRS offered to buy it for £6k plus a lifelong service contract on my next car!

I wouldnt tarnish every dealer with the same brush though. Jewsons Oxford always did a fantastic job on my cars..the guys they employ there seem to actually really love getting them clean and were perfectionists.

I went to collect mine once and the guy went back to it whilst it was parked and gave it another look over...i honestly couldnt have cleaned it better myself.

Crawley Down on the other hand...clear it had been rushed, door shuts were filthy...was appreciative that it was alot cleaner than when it went in but a petrol station car wash would have probably done equally as gooder job

well managed to take some pictures as the sun is shining atm.

The car has not been touched since the wash was attempted by motorline.

Its hard to capture the real extent on camera but I think you will see from these pictures:

well managed to take some pictures as the sun is shining atm.

The car has not been touched since the wash was attempted by motorline.

Its hard to capture the real extent on camera but I think you will see from these pictures:

post-48024-0-71301000-1425205773_thumb.jpg

post-48024-0-43520600-1425205824_thumb.jpg

post-48024-0-56011300-1425205842_thumb.jpg

post-48024-0-53863900-1425205866_thumb.jpg

post-48024-0-20522000-1425205893_thumb.jpg

The marks on the bonnet is what is seen all over the car on every panel, including the roof, but i was unable to show in pictures due to lighting etc.

Now the car was not perfect before, as there were some light markings, but you really had to look for them.

This just now stands out when the sun is on it.

Looks like its been taken through a car wash. Did it state on the paperwork you signed that it would get washed? Have you maybe asked to compromise on perhaps a free service or a voucher?

You could argue it was not part of the contract i.e. MOT only. You could also say the work was not carried out with professionalism and with due care.

I make it very clear to my dealer and they know how fussy I am, to the point they mention if an oil handprint is noticed. But some places like body shops, get very funny about it.

Warning to all taking there pride and joy to a main dealer for a service wash due to the numptys that clean them don't give a monkeys and work for peanuts this is what they look like in the wash bay with there rock sponge!

post-127500-0-47099500-1425211620_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

What a mess! When I read the thread I thought maybe the OP was a bit of a perfectionist. Looking at the pics though that paintwork is a  disgrace.  Must remember to specify NO WASH when my car is serviced this month.

I'm not too  careful with my paintwork. Wax once a year and hand wash with a clean sponge. That is a shambles though.

I hope some compensation can be obtained.