Afs am I paranoid?

Hi

Had the dampers and top mounts changed a few days ago

On the way home tonight I noticed that the lights seemed to be not as effective, they seem to aiming low and not lighting ahead as much?

They seem to calibrate ok on start up and the cornering function is working, also when I slow down you can see them alter pattern

I wonder if they are related as they self level?

Also would assume I would get an error code if something was a miss?

Can't work out if I am being paranoid or not?

Just checked and it was disconnected

Popped it back in and it's all good. Knew I was not going mad lol

Can I just check if it does just pop in as it seems quite a loose connection, also just to double check there is only one sensor on the front on the passenger side?

Back at the dealers at the weekend so will mention it and get them to double check as it could have popped out or was never connected?

Thanks for your help

Edited by thinline1

There should be a sensor on all 4 wheels - the car needs to know where the suspension sits on all wheels to adjust the headlight level correctly as the load in the car varies.

The connection safety clip might be broken as most leads have safety catch before it can be pulled out. I don't normally remove the lead but just remove the nut and bolt instead as there is less risk if damaging the connector. If it does feel loose and easily pulled you may need to secure it with some insulating tape.