Will bumper fit in boot?

I am picking up a second hand bumper and wonder if it will fit in the back with the seats down - anyone done this?

When I bought the car it had some paint damage to the top of the bumper, which it turned out was due to previous owner having cracked the bumper. I had it repaired but it failed again in same way due to underlying weakness in the plastic underneath. I have at last found a bumper to replace it (Edition 100 and L&K have a special bumper with an exhaust cutout), but would rather avoid an embarrassment when collecting tomorrow... :)

Was going to do that tonight, just was wondering if anyone else had beaten me to it. I think it is a given the seats will have to go down, just that the hatch itself through the seats isn't that tall I recall.

Swap it on the road when you get there.  Leave the old one on a grass verge.  Job's a good 'un!  :angel:

Gaz

PS: I reckon it'll fit - inside the car if need be.

Edit:  Just to be a little more helpful, deepest part of my bumper at the wheelarch ends seems about 20".  Hatchway clearance with the back seats down is about 18".  Might need a bit of jiggling but I wouldn't foresee a problem.

Is it even possible to flip the backseats down? My Superb sure can't and I got Elegance interior. Or can you unscrew it?

Kind of curious for future purposes.

• Like 1

I think it started in 2005. Mine has fold down seats, but the base doesn't fold up, so it is useful but could be so much better :)

• Like 1

The answer is... Yes it does. Seat down, can't put it in from the boot so it goes in through the rear doors and into the boot. Watch the headlining as you could catch it if not careful.

c0be2c17431c584ffbfb4899b4cd9f2e.jpg

To make life a bit more interesting, I then went and bought a 2m tall wardrobe and chest of drawers from IKEA, and an AV amp from a forum....

333ecbc6bf04202cb4aa044a8f050ff0.jpg

2dfe1f8f734d2e213ceb0206219ded18.jpg

• Like 3

To make life a bit more interesting, I then went and bought a 2m tall wardrobe and chest of drawers from IKEA, and an AV amp from a forum....

Glutton for punishment! 

Glad it fitted  :thumbup:

Gaz

• Like 1

I did have 20 minutes of sweat in the IKEA car park... car felt like a giant version of TETRIS by the time I was done... ! :)

I went up to Ikea (Croydon) a couple of months ago to help a friend with some office furniture.  Thought I was there 'just in case', but ended up with six desks in the back of mine after her V40 was full.  Didn't half notice the weight!  Car felt like a ballerina after I'd offloaded t'other end.

Tetris causes me stress, compelling as it might be.

G

IKEA is dangerous. I only managed to get there 30 minutes before closing; lucky I didn't get there any earlier otherwise I'd have needed to take a tin-opener to the roof to get it all in.

Amateurs!  I fitted a climbing frame like this one in my boot (well, in my whole car, the slide was 3m I think so I had to fold my front seat flat and it went from right up against the windscreen to right up against the bootlid:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tp-climbing-frame-used-/291394206807?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item43d872bc57

Also, i've fitted a whole set of alloys in it, at the same time as a bumper for my wife's Civic, oh and also my son in his booster seat!

• Like 2

Amateurs!  I fitted a climbing frame like this one in my boot (well, in my whole car, the slide was 3m I think so I had to fold my front seat flat and it went from right up against the windscreen to right up against the bootlid:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tp-climbing-frame-used-/291394206807?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item43d872bc57

Also, i've fitted a whole set of alloys in it, at the same time as a bumper for my wife's Civic, oh and also my son in his booster seat!

seem like you have done it all !!  :D