Rapid Recall

Mines back at the dealers tomorrow, as they seem to think it needs yet another accelerator update but will wait and see if there's been some miss communication somewhere following the first update at the beginning of May  :wonder: 

TP

• Like 2

As suspected for some reason the Skoda system had duplicated the accelerator update requirement on our Spaceback and no further work was required.

Had chance while there to sit in a current Polo and noted the seat movement/position are just about identical to the Spaceback and likewise differ to the Fabia II & III.

TP

• Like 1

All done, car picked up from work, warranty repair completed, car washed/hoovered, comp. safety check and returned.

Excellent service from Skoda Vindis, Cambridge.

For those interested, the electronic record now shows:

Repair 1 - completed recall 20V4, replace throttle pedal

Repair 2 - completed recall 48L7, COADJUTOR power steering control unit

There were no noticeable issues before the car went in and I haven't noticed any changes since getting it back.

The Service Manager indicated they hadn't experienced any failures, and it seems most likely a precautionary measure.

Good to hear that it goes on the electronic record. It will prevent you from getting the "Judge Rinder" treatment I got!

Edited by GarrethW

No cruise set - I'm not that daft!

I notice it at about 20mph in 3rd, turning into my estate and I have to brake to stop it running away!

2014 Black Magic Rapid 1.6Tdi Elegance

Sent from my thumbs on a rediculously small screen using Tapatalk

Mine is similar - throttle free gives about 5mph in 1st, 10-12 in 2nd, and about 18mph in 3rd. The engine management or something seems to want the engine to ave a minimum speed of about 950-1000 rpm, probably to prevent stalling. 1st and 2nd are useful creeping in traffic, juggling the clutch and brake, 3rd is not soog good, the engine can fight the brakes. 1st is especially useful for slow-speed manouvring, reversing out of the drive, parking etc, can just juggle 2 pedals (brake and clutch) and let the car do its own thing. Great for negotiating multi-story car parks with the tight turns etc, in 2nd just feather the brake.

I had a 2 litre cavalier that did this, that car was absolutley useless trying to start uphill in snowy conditions (forwards or backwards!) - it wacked the engine speed up to a little under 2000 rpm, giving about 90% of the torque! The dealership at that time said there was no fix (they all do that) and I simply got used to it.

The Rapid is untested on snow/ice (only had it a month!) - will the engine fight the electronics I wonder to prevent wheelspin?

Mine has traction control. I assume Rapid's do too. That said, I havent driven mine in snow either having been living in a variety of deserts since New Year.

Edited by camelspyyder
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

So no printed off for work done/customer report for you then GW.As outlined by "Skippy VRS" aboveDoes this mean that once again each Skoda Service Dealer dept, do their own thing and are not working consistently to a Skoda UKCS Procedure.Should be working to Best Practice,not sloppy can't be bother manner,like your dealer.

I took mine in for a service yesterday. I asked about the electronic service log. If I want a copy, I can request one. I asked if the work done on the accelerator was on and was informed it was.

Looks as if you unfounded comments about my garage were indeed incorrect.