Rapid Recall

Just had a phone call From Simpsons (Colne), the dealers where I bought mine from. My sister took the message, it's about the accelerator pedal, half hour job. She booked it in for next Tuesday. Anyone know anything about this?

• Like 1

Just had a phone call From Simpsons (Colne), the dealers where I bought mine from. My sister took the message, it's about the accelerator pedal, half hour job. She booked it in for next Tuesday. Anyone know anything about this?

Is it a Recall or a Service Campaign

It's a Product Enhancement rather than a recall, I had an email for the supplying dealer a month ago. They told me they needed the car a day and they needed to order parts. The car will go into the local dealer for it's first service in a couple of weeks so the job can be done then. 

Not heard anything (although they may have done it at the dealers before I bought the car off them) but what ages of cars are we talking about?

2014 Black Magic Rapid 1.6Tdi Elegance

Sent from my thumbs on a rediculously small screen using Tapatalk

with foot off the accelorator at certain speeds, the car maintains motion speed even if going up hill! it seems to clear itself once the brake pedal is pressed.

• Like 2

with foot off the accelorator at certain speeds, the car maintains motion speed even if going up hill! it seems to clear itself once the brake pedal is pressed.

I've noticed that too!

Maybe I'll call them.

Got mine sorted today. In and out within about half an hour.

What did they do? Have they put a comment note in the service book?

I believe they changed the accelerator pedal. Don't think they put a note in the service book.

I forgot to mention that the power steering software was upgraded on a previous visit.

Sounds like cruise control set ?

No cruise set - I'm not that daft!

I notice it at about 20mph in 3rd, turning into my estate and I have to brake to stop it running away!

No cruise set - I'm not that daft!

I notice it at about 20mph in 3rd, turning into my estate and I have to brake to stop it running away!

My 1.6 Tdi Toledo does exactly the same thing.

Edited by kinetic747

I believe they changed the accelerator pedal. Don't think they put a note in the service book.

I forgot to mention that the power steering software was upgraded on a previous visit.

Perhaps it's the engineer in me that likes to know what my dealer/ manufacturer has done to my car.

So no record you can pass on to a potential new owner - as this was once a good thing to have full service,warranty etc histoy.

Does sound like cruise control, almost as if it was automatically setting. Can't say I've ever noticed it myself, surely if the car was still maintaining speed without your foot on the pedal this is not something to be brushed off as a "product enhancement" or whatever... It's a "this need to come back in now..." It's very dangerous!