I think its broke

Accelerated off a roundabout then felt it miss. A few minutes later it went into limp mode (I assume). A call to the dealer in the morning I think.

EML light on and a flashing glow plug light.

Any ideas?

Yep = happened to me. It needs the fault code reseting and a forced DPF regeneration. Fault code may well say egr but try the regen first.

Good luck

Garnett

I'm not sure its dpf as its done 18.5k miles in the year ( its exactly a year old now!) And my commute is 50 miles each way

I had the same symptom on my Superb a couple of times, first time was the boost pressure sensor, second was the actual turbo inlet, so they had to replace the top half of the turbo.

My assumption based on the number of people with the same problem recently would be a faulty boost pressure sensor.

1 year old would make it a build date at the beginning of 2014, the same as me & Skodafang who has had exactly this problem last week.

However the MIL and flashing GlowPlug light will illuminate for almost any fault with the engine system or sensors so its difficult to tell without reading the fault codes.

You should give Skoda Assist a call to get it looked at...

Its booked in with the dealer on Monday, which they say is the soonest they can look at it.  Luckily I can use the Mrs car for the rest of this week.

• Like 1

Its booked in with the dealer on Monday, which they say is the soonest they can look at it.  Luckily I can use the Mrs car for the rest of this week.

Skoda Assist should provide you a hire car (if you need/want one).

• Like 1

I'd say a boost pressure faulty sensor. Seems quite common mine was reading the outside temperature at 400 degrees so just shut the engine down.

My dealer took a sensor of a showroom one and put it on mine. Was fixed within the hour.

I'd say a boost pressure faulty sensor. Seems quite common mine was reading the outside temperature at 400 degrees so just shut the engine down.

My dealer took a sensor of a showroom one and put it on mine. Was fixed within the hour.

When I had an Impreza, the dealer did this for me a couple of times. When I last had a Skoda, I suggested this course of action to the service manager to get me mobile and he looked at me like I was stupid!

Steve

When I had an Impreza, the dealer did this for me a couple of times. When I last had a Skoda, I suggested this course of action to the service manager to get me mobile and he looked at me like I was stupid!

Steve

You didn't take the Skoda back to the Subaru dealer did you? :D

Many Dealers are reluctant to borrow parts from other cars because this deprives them of Demonstrators which may cost them sales. In the (likely) event that the part is on back-order it will leave the Dealer without the car for some time. It is much easier to pass the pain of being car-less on to the customer, unless of course you force them to provide a coutesy car (aka clapped-out bottom spec 4-year old Fabia).

• Like 1