Cough hiccup limp mode

Driving home last night car coughed twice and then went into limp mode.

VRS tdi. AA have towed it away. Non plausible signal from inlet sensors. Boost pressure error.

Its been playing up for a while not starting and hunting on a steady throttle. Been back to the dealer on three occasions for this and the computer said no.

Skoda assist asked me to get to Bristol airport to collect a loan car. Excuse me that's 110 miles away from Holsworthy in Devon.

Perhaps they will do something now.

On a positive note the bosses Jag XF broke yesterday(again) and he is on Holiday so I drive an F type for a few days that the Jag dealer sent.

Bu99er!  Apparently there is a known (but not admitted by SUK) problem with boost sensors on the TDI motor.

What's the F type like to drive?   I quite fancy one when my 6 numbers come up on Saturday :)

Edited by Smeghead

Yeah its becoming a very common problem on the TDI as Smeghead said.

I've had mine replaced once (at around 5,000km) and done another 30,000km now without reoccurence but there are others on the forum who have had it changed twice.

At least it should be a quick fix, my car was ready in an hour (washed & valeted too)

I assumed it was just a faulty batch of sensors but the fact that it has started to appear again recently would perhaps point to something else.

When was your car built & how many miles have you done?

Bu99er!  Apparently there is a known (but not admitted by SUK) problem with boost sensors on the TDI motor.

What's the F type like to drive?   I quite fancy one when my 6 numbers come up on Saturday :)

Its a V8 F type. Bloody fast and bloody thirsty.  But I don't pay for petrol so all good. Planning quite a weekend in the F type.

Skoda assist are sending me an Audi A5 so I have two cars now.

Yeah its becoming a very common problem on the TDI as Smeghead said.

I've had mine replaced once (at around 5,000km) and done another 30,000km now without reoccurence but there are others on the forum who have had it changed twice.

At least it should be a quick fix, my car was ready in an hour (washed & valeted too)

I assumed it was just a faulty batch of sensors but the fact that it has started to appear again recently would perhaps point to something else.

When was your car built & how many miles have you done?

I'll be lucky if the dealers here in Cornwall fix anything. They are pretty rubbish. You ring up and you can never get through to the service department.

My car was built early last year. Delivered in April 2014.

Exactly the same build-date as mine. (Built Feb, devliverd April 04) so its likely to be the same problem the oters on here have experienced.

Its all about cost.

The part might only cost €5 but they will pay each dealership a fixed price (like perhaps €100) for the repair on the warranty.

As the dealerships are all franchises, paying them the money for a repair = money lost by Skoda.

It would be interesting if they would replace this item during a normal service on cars in the affected date range but I doubt it for the same reason.

My VRS is currently at the dealers being fixed again (2nd Radiator leak this year, a rattly sound generator, and a stop-start than doesn't stop). Wish I had an F-type to play with whilst waiting for them to fix it. In fact, I wish they could offer any kind of courtesy car as it has already taken them a day longer than expected to do the work. My old Renault's & Fiat's spent less time at the dealers. I fear this will be my first and last Skoda!

On a positive note the bosses Jag XF broke yesterday(again) and he is on Holiday so I drive an F type for a few days that the Jag dealer sent.

Thanks for the headsup, in case mine should do the same, at least I know what it likely is.

I see one problem with the F-type..you'll be bloody disappointed when you get the Octy back...your bank account won't though :notme:

Thanks for the headsup, in case mine should do the same, at least I know what it likely is.

I see one problem with the F-type..you'll be bloody disappointed when you get the Octy back...your bank account won't though :notme:

I will be disappointed but the fuel goes on the company credit card so all good with that.

Will let you know the outcome.

Exactly the same build-date as mine. (Built Feb, devliverd April 04) so its likely to be the same problem the oters on here have experienced.

Hopefully the issue is resolved in currently build cars...sounds almost as fun as when my Renault blew an ignition coil (twice) in the early 2000s.

They are changing the boost pressure sensor today.

All sorted ??

Did they mention anything about the problem or just say they've not seen it before?

All sorted ??

Did they mention anything about the problem or just say they've not seen it before?

Just picked it up OK so far 50 mile trip back to work. Asked if it was a known fault and they said no.

But like I have said before the dealers in Cornwall are not the best.

They did leave the interior of my car in a bloody mess. Muddy footprints everywhere. I made them clean the inside before I left.

They did leave the interior of my car in a bloody mess. Muddy footprints everywhere. I made them clean the inside before I left.

:@  seriously..I fixed your car, now clean it...what a sevice

firefox messing up and doubleposting...

nothing to see here

Edited by TomLux

You shouldn't have to. My Scirocco has just come back from a normal service. They haven't cleaned it on the outside, which would have been nice (they have done once in a while before), but I am not expecting it so it's fine. But the car was (except for a seating position change) just as I delivered it, and that's how it should be.

You shouldn't have to. My Scirocco has just come back from a normal service. They haven't cleaned it on the outside, which would have been nice (they have done once in a while before), but I am not expecting it so it's fine. But the car was (except for a seating position change) just as I delivered it, and that's how it should be.

Agreed . But the dealers down here don't give a monkeys and we have little or no choice.

Agreed . But the dealers down here don't give a monkeys and we have little or no choice.

The whole dealer service in Switzerland is very different to the UK.

Buying a car was actually quite a pleasant experience & I've taken my car to the garage twice (once for a 1st 30,000km service & another to replace a faulty boost pressure sensor).

Both times the car came back washed & cleaned inside & out.

Even though I had to take my car back because of a failure, my overall experience of Skoda ownership was very positive after this which is the right was to turn around a potentially negative time for the owner.

The whole dealer service in Switzerland is very different to the UK.

Buying a car was actually quite a pleasant experience & I've taken my car to the garage twice (once for a 1st 30,000km service & another to replace a faulty boost pressure sensor).

Both times the car came back washed & cleaned inside & out.

Even though I had to take my car back because of a failure, my overall experience of Skoda ownership was very positive after this which is the right was to turn around a potentially negative time for the owner.

Don't come to Cornwall then !

I had the same issue with my TDI. Built in September 2014