What is happening to me?

stever750

Bring back the wire recorder

What is wrong with the phonautogram or the Ediphone?

Young whipper-snapper with your new fangled technology!

When I started my 'career' in broadcasting, one of the first bits of equipment I saw was a wire recorder. It wasn't in operational use, but could still turn. Huge scary reels of what looked like an industrial sawing machine.

When I started my 'career' in broadcasting, one of the first bits of equipment I saw was a wire recorder. It wasn't in operational use, but could still turn. Huge scary reels of what looked like an industrial sawing machine.

Sawing or sewing??

Sawing or sewing??

Sawing, definitely sawing. Like one of those things you see in an American log yard in the movies, the type were someone always inserts a body part (not always their own)

Edited by Lady Elanore

Sawing, definitely sawing. Like one of those things you see in an American log yard in the movies, the type were someone always inserts a body part (not always their own)

You mean a "band saw"? Like an outside belt drive, only with a metal saw blade instead of a rubber belt?

And, on the subject of "when I started my career", I started in a room that really was like the computer room in "The Italian Job" with lots of magnetic tape drives!

• Like 1

You mean a "band saw"? Like an outside belt drive, only with a metal saw blade instead of a rubber belt?

And, on the subject of "when I started my career", I started in a room that really was like the computer room in "The Italian Job" with lots of magnetic tape drives!

Sort of a horizontal one without the teeth

I've found myself going soft recently as well, I'm not sure I like it...

That said, in my CD changer I currently have Black Tide, Machine Head, Lamb of God and 36 Crazyfists, so I'm not going too soft.

• Like 2

I just tell my personal lute player what I want playing.........nothing like a "live" performance................. :p

..............seriously I'm currently ripping (semi-professionally) my cd's as Flac to a hard drive for use on my (Denon) network player, thing is, that's only 16bit/44khz......... :S

.......I have managed to get some downloads (of certain albums) of studio master flac files at 24bit/192khz......... B) ....oh yeah, now that's "live"!!!!