UK Pricing & Spec

Coops

"The All new Skoda Superb 1.6 CRDi 120ps S model starts at £15995 OTR. 16" Alloy wheels, Front fogs, Electric front & rear windows, Halogen daytime running lights, Air-con, Bluetooth & DAB digital radio."

£16,000 inc vat = £13,333 as im vat regd....

im tempted

• 4 weeks later...

"The All new Skoda Superb 1.6 CRDi 120ps S model starts at £15995 OTR. 16" Alloy wheels, Front fogs, Electric front & rear windows, Halogen daytime running lights, Air-con, Bluetooth & DAB digital radio."

£16,000 inc vat = £13,333 as im vat regd....

im tempted

The low price must be because they fitted a KIA engine in it :angel: (CRDI = KIA - TDI = VAG :clap: )

• 3 weeks later...

SE-L exec comes with mats

They must have been on a later brochure then as when I ordered mine they were only included with the L&K

The UK configurator still shows them as a £80 option for the SE L though.

Is your car on a lease? as some companies throw them in FOC

Is your car on a lease? as some companies throw them in FOC

Agreed, or some dealers for private buyers. One dealer I looked at in Lincoln was offering free mats when you ordered with them.

They are not standard with SE L though, unless my dealer is ripping me off...

I got unexpected mats with my SE-L, via a broker.

They're my spare set now, as I'd also ordered a set from superskoda...

Nice. My dealer asked if I wanted their delivery pack. When I asked what it included, turns out it is Supagaurd, mats and a tank of fuel - cheap at £495... I politely declined.

I figured about £70 for a full tank plus £80 for the mats (although less because they would get them at cost) which means about £350 for someone to basically polish the car for me. Oh and it didn't even include leather treatment, they don't offer that, so inside it would just have been the carpets treated. Gee, thanks.

Our local Afgans or east Europeans to it for £6 (£15 for a mini valet) for the outside and they get my L&K wheels looking great. They are very professional no loose zips etc hanging from their clothing, low ph cleaning liquids. We do have "three" teams of car cleaners quite close to our village and only one of the teams uses cheap crap liquids. Before I get too much of you lazy so and so I normally clean my own car but have not been able too for the last five months.

I go to a hand car wash and get inside and out spruced up for £10. I am lazy and I absolutely hate cleaning cars, so call me lazy all you want :) It's money well spent for me. I want it clean and looking nice, but I'm damned if it's going to be me doing it!

Been using them for quite a while, it's literally round the corner from my house, they do a great job of cleaning the entire car in and out and never had any damage from them. I can pay more every so often for a mini valet or full valet as needed, but taking the car to them every couple of weeks for £10 a pop keeps it all pretty decent.

I've seen people taking their Porshe, Ferrari and even a Lambo to them, so I figure if it's good enough for them, it's good enough for me :)

I go to a hand car wash and get inside and out spruced up for £10. I am lazy and I absolutely hate cleaning cars, so call me lazy all you want :) It's money well spent for me. I want it clean and looking nice, but I'm damned if it's going to be me doing it!

Been using them for quite a while, it's literally round the corner from my house, they do a great job of cleaning the entire car in and out and never had any damage from them. I can pay more every so often for a mini valet or full valet as needed, but taking the car to them every couple of weeks for £10 a pop keeps it all pretty decent.

I've seen people taking their Porshe, Ferrari and even a Lambo to them, so I figure if it's good enough for them, it's good enough for me :)

I'm in Coventry (and lazy) too, where is this one?

Edited by spacenase

I'm in Coventry (and lazy) too, where is this one?

There's two which I've used/use. If you know Quinton Road in Cheylesmore (runs between Daventry Road at the parade and J5 of the ring road) there's one there I used to use. I only stopped using them because I moved house, but had always been happy with them. Two options: £5 for outside, £10 for in and out. Nothing fancy but they do a decent job - at least I was happy with it, but I'm no detailing expert.

The one I go to now is on Holyhead Road at the Texaco garage on the corner with Grayswood Avenue. They have more options like mini/full valet, engine steam clean, but so far I've only used their £10 in and out which has been fine. It looks like a machine wash as you approach but it's not - I assume it used to be though.