Popping the hatch

MeMii

I don't know about the Citigo but on the Mii if you press  the hatch button on the key fob once it unlocks, press and hold the button and it will unlock and momentarily release the latch.

In the manual it says the hatch should open a few centimetres, this does not happen, when I contacted Seat they agreed the manual is wrong.

So the only mechanical mod I have done to my car is to remove the two boot stops on the corners of the hatch and replace with the Scirocco  sprung loaded boot stops and now the boot will pop open a few centimetres, which I find makes it much easier to open the rear when my hands are full.

Part number is 1K8 827 761D, £11.04 for the pair if anyone is interested.

• Like 3

Why do the tailgate struts have to be changed too. Mine only flashes the lights to say it's unlocked with no clicking sound. It certainly doesn't pop the latch to open so it's pointless for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You don't need to change the struts, the video was just to show you an image of the boot stops I fitted and how to adjust them.

It sounds like your car is not coded to release the latch, this video is a bit better and shows at the end how the coding would be changed.

Just changing the boot stops will only open the hatch by a few centimetres, it won't open the hatch fully, which is all I wanted.

Edited by MeMii

After fitting the Scirocco boot stops when I press and hold the hatch button on the key fob the hatch opens by a few centimetres, it does not open all the way as shown in those videos.

• 2 weeks later...

Great idea but this part is IMO not compatible, bought this part and very easy to fit (but it took me awhile to work out that I had to twist the rubber bit to make it pop out) BUT it is too long so boot do no longer fit flush, I therefore expect water to possibly get in. Have removed it hence and back to normal. Anyone wanting mine to try can have them if you cover the postage. Real shame as idea is great.

I think you need to play around with them as in the video to get the correct length/adjustment?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

still too long, adjusting with hex is to adjust length, mine set to shortest then tightened up to hold, the soft rubber bit holding the spring is fixed and can not be made any shorter. Anyone managed another way then please post with pictures as the part number listed above is about 5-10mm longer than std when compressed, hence boot not sitting flush.