Does the Maxi Cosi Family/Easy or 2Way Fix isofix bases fit in the Octavia?

Hi, we are thinking of getting a 2013 onwards Octavia.  We have the Maxi Cosi Cabriofix rear facing baby carrier car seat and when we get the next car we intend to buy one of the 3 Maxi Cosi bases that go with the car seat so we can use the base to fix to the isofix points in the car so the car seat is more secure.  I have checked the Maxi Cosi car seat fitter website but they have not tested the Skoda Octavia's with their car seat and bases.  Does anyone have a late 2013 onwards Octavia hatchback with a Maxi Cosi Cabriofix carseat and either the Familyfix base (prefer) or Easyfix base or 2wayfix base?  If so we'd be really grateful if you could let us know whether this fits in the Octavia and that the 'leg' of the base is fine and doesn't cause any fitting problems?  (I believe there is no under floor storage in the Octavia?).

Also if anyone has the 1.4l 140PS Petrol Octavia, do you feel there is enough 'pull/power' in the car?  As we have only been able to test drive it on quiet roads so far.

Many Thanks.

Also if anyone has the 1.4l 140PS Petrol Octavia, do you feel there is enough 'pull/power' in the car?  As we have only been able to test drive it on quiet roads so far.

Many Thanks.

Can't help you on the seat I'm afraid - but on the performance side I'm very happy with my 1.4TSI.

I guess it all depends where you're coming from.  If you're downgrading from something really quick it could well feel a bit flat.  However, compared to just about any other 1.4-litre vehicle out there it will be a rocketship.  Don't be put off by the small capacity.  The lower weight of the MK III Octavia means its absolute performance is not far off the MK II VRS TDI model.

I'm also getting an average of 48 mpg (high 52, low 44) on the maxidot computer (more like 45-46mpg measured brim-to-brim) on my 20-mile each-way commute.

Edited by iriches

Hi we have a maxi cosi familyfix base ( http://www.maxi-cosi.com/products/car-seats/base-units/familyfix.aspx )and that fits perfectly fine in a 2014 vRS estate, I'm guessing it will the same in the hatch. The leg part of it is fine as it's adjustable so you can alter the height to suit the seat height.

The isofix points are only in the two outside seats in the back. Hope that helps, if you want pics let me know and I'll post when I get home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The isofix points are the same on the entire O3 range so, if they work on the vRS they'll work on the spec you are after. 

The engine is fine for power unless your thinking of towing, making swift progress very possible and I thash mine quite often as can be seen from my fuelly sig

Test drive very carefully and listen, the rear suspension is setup to lightweight and can be very noisy, you have een warned !!!

I have the Maxi-Cosi Easyfix Semi-Universal Isofix Base with the seat in my estate - it's so easy to install (I've moved the base several times now between dealership loan cars and my car) and a pleasure to use in general.

I also have fitted on the other side a Maxi-Cosi Tobi Car Seat....

We have the family fix base - fits fine but needs a cushion under ours to fill gap to seat (ISO points seem high) but also its a bit slidey side to side on the ISOfix i think the actual thickness of the fix point is a bit thin so the maxi base doesn't 'grab' it really tight but it is secure.

Does anyone have a late 2013 onwards Octavia hatchback with a Maxi Cosi Cabriofix carseat and either the Familyfix base (prefer) or Easyfix base or 2wayfix base?  If so we'd be really grateful if you could let us know whether this fits in the Octavia and that the 'leg' of the base is fine and doesn't cause any fitting problems?  (I believe there is no under floor storage in the Octavia?).

I have a 2015 VRS estate (but there shouldn't be any difference) and the familybase Maxicosi fits..but it's a bit a "push" see below

[...]but also its a bit slidey side to side on the ISOfix i think the actual thickness of the fix point is a bit thin so the maxi base doesn't 'grab' it really tight but it is secure.

I had the same problem. It's a bit tricky but I managed to fix it so that it's really tight.

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/309864-isofix-maxi-cosi-question-not-very-secure/?p=4135618

• Like 1

We have the family fix base - fits fine but needs a cushion under ours to fill gap to seat (ISO points seem high) but also its a bit slidey side to side on the ISOfix i think the actual thickness of the fix point is a bit thin so the maxi base doesn't 'grab' it really tight but it is secure.

I had the same problem with FamilyFix an 2wayFix - the only way to avoid sliding on the sides was to dismantle plastic borders around ISOFIX - this plastic were blocking proper base installation. After that everything is fine and base is not sliding any more. Plastic cups still can be mounted if ISOFIX is not used (to avoid having wholes in seat) because they stick to ISOFIX bar.

• Like 1

Thanks TomLux and bobbest, I was rebooking at this earlier, as both of you say - it seems to be that the family fix vs the curved bit of Octavias plastic surround to the isofix clash and don't let the base push back tight to the seat. I'll try it at an angle or see if this can be removed. I had thought about modifying the back of the base, for about 2 seconds, as this would not be wise imo.

Thanks TomLux and bobbest, I was rebooking at this earlier, as both of you say - it seems to be that the family fix vs the curved bit of Octavias plastic surround to the isofix clash and don't let the base push back tight to the seat. I'll try it at an angle or see if this can be removed. I had thought about modifying the back of the base, for about 2 seconds, as this would not be wise imo.

this plastic can be removed for sure - my dealer removed all 4 surroundings at my request and gave me them. I will install them when ISOFIX will be not used any more.

. I had thought about modifying the back of the base, for about 2 seconds, as this would not be wise imo.

Me too, but don't do it. As you can see there are two other ways to do it that don't involve damaging anything. Tbh I wasn't aware you could take the pastic guides off from the seats. I tried but failed as I didn't want tot damage the seat, so I didn't insist. If bobbest knows a good way to do it then it's certainly less hassle than my method. His method would also allow to you take the base out more easily. I already had a few instances where loading the boot would have been much easier if the base was out and I could fold the seat. But then I thought about the hassle of putting it back in and just had to deal with the boot loading.

Many Thanks.

I have the 1,2 (77 kW) Octavia and even this one has a reasonable amount of power, even for towing a 550 kg trailer. It's not a racing car but quite fine for everyday driving.