VRS hatch, multilink rear suspension?

Is the 03 VRS Tsi hatch fitted with muli-link rear suspension?

The reason I ask is because I want to buy a set of Eibach Pro springs for the impending arrival of my new car, and have found a supplier in Germany who can do them for less than £100 plus £18 postage.

The Eibach part numbers tally up E10-79-010-02-22 (spoke to Eibach yesterday who confirmed this), the seller has told me they're for a multi-link set-up, is this correct?

• Like 1

Thanks for the quick reply Greg R.

I'll get on and order them now, at £96 + postage that's around half the UK price  :thumbup:

Not sure why anyone buys this type of thing from the UK tbh. Ive had a set of Eibach springs and two sets of Bilstein B6 and B8 dampers sent from Germany in the last three months. Same factory production line, same product... 40% off!

• Like 1

Because the factory parts are always going to have been built to a budget. And, i suspect, there are options to customise the ride height, stiffness etc to suit your requirements.

As previously mentioned, pbt-racing on e-bay

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Eibach-Spring-Pro-Kit-Skoda-Octavia-5E-16TDI-20TDI-18TSI-E10790100222-/131434060896

Hopefully I'll get the supplying dealer to fit them for when I collect my car.

And the reason I'm doing it is to get rid of the big gap between the tyre and arch.

Not sure why anyone buys this type of thing from the UK tbh. Ive had a set of Eibach springs and two sets of Bilstein B6 and B8 dampers sent from Germany in the last three months. Same factory production line, same product... 40% off!

I got 59% off UK list price from UK supplier for a set of B4 dampers, just have to phone up and ask for best price! I did pay their quoted price for pro-kit but was happy with £305 + Vat for springs and dampers. If you order from EU supplier, do you have to pay any UK import duty?

I think that's the way it works, but if I can buy it elsewhere for around half the price, then even if they're VAT is 25% it's still a good deal.

Britain just seems to price itself out of the market, for instance:-

When I built the engine for my rally car (Suzuki Swift GTI), I wanted some decent forged high compression pistons. The cheapest I could get them here in the UK was £200 each + the VAT and a lead time of 2-3 months, I eventually got them from JE Pistons in the US for $625 plus shipping of $30 ($2 to the £ then) and I had them in my hand 12 days later, £327-ish delivered for the four.

I prefer to support the British economy, however when there's that much difference my wallet decides where I purchase!

When I built the engine for my rally car (Suzuki Swift GTI), I wanted some decent forged high compression pistons. The cheapest I could get them here in the UK was £200 each + the VAT and a lead time of 2-3 months, I eventually got them from JE Pistons in the US for $625 plus shipping of $30 ($2 to the £ then) and I had them in my hand 12 days later, £327-ish delivered for the four.

Did you manage to get away without paying VAT and import duty, or was that included in the $625?

I got 59% off UK list price from UK supplier for a set of B4 dampers, just have to phone up and ask for best price! I did pay their quoted price for pro-kit but was happy with £305 + Vat for springs and dampers. If you order from EU supplier, do you have to pay any UK import duty?

I have no doubt you did as the list prices aren't a realistic indicator of what you'd be asked to pay via most online stores anyway. In fact ive never seen these products even trying to be sold at their rrp's. I'm talking about savings compared to the best UK prices received. And no, there's no import tax from any EU country. In fact, saying that, Im still awaiting the last two fed ex invoices for the suspension parts I brought over from the US in January! :)

• Like 1