front passenger door wont open! help!

On 18/08/2021 at 13:15, Wino said:

I've just updated that thread, with a link to another one where the real problem was uncovered.

In your case, unless you've had intermittent misbehaviour, I'm not sure it will be the same cause.

I have had Intermittent behaviour in terms of the key fob sometimes working sometimes not so I think this could be the cause. The main struggle is how to get my door open. If the locking mechanism is faulty any ideas on how to open door? I was going to try the method of taking part of the handle off and then putting a coat hanger in but if the problem is the microswitch then this probably won't help?

My next thought it trying to get the door panel off whilst the door is closed but not sure if this is possible

Some people have success by clouting the door near the lock repeatedly whilst trying to unlock it. If it is a bad connection somewhere, you might just get lucky and the thing happen to make the connection at just the right time with your mechanical 'input'.  

I've not had personal experience of this 'door won't open' situation though, so probably not the best person to advise on solutions.

23 hours ago, Wino said:

Some people have success by clouting the door near the lock repeatedly whilst trying to unlock it. If it is a bad connection somewhere, you might just get lucky and the thing happen to make the connection at just the right time with your mechanical 'input'.  

I've not had personal experience of this 'door won't open' situation though, so probably not the best person to advise on solutions.

I just got the door open by taking the central locking fuse out and putting it back in again! Success for now!

Just now, sepulchrave said:

Don't hang about, change the lock or repair the wiring while you can

This is the job for Saturday! I have a new locking mechanism from eBay ready to install if I can see nothing wrong with the wiring on inspection

• Love it! 1