Fenlake Business Centre

Fengate

Peterborough

PE1 5BQ

01733 296969

Services: New, Used, Repair

GPS coordinates: N52°34'22.03" W0°12'39.74"

Originally posted by jcm - Thu Sep 30, 2004

Bought new Fabia vRS on the 18th of Aug. 2004. The car was available at the time they said it would be. PDI inspection was carried out efficiently , no marks left inside or outside. No faults have emerged since delivery. They have offered me a discount on parts , servicing and free MOT as long as I keep the car. They only took two weeks to get the colour I wanted ( black) and rang me immediately they took delivery.( cannot comment on warranty work or servicing )

Bought my Current Fabia Ambiente on 1st September. No problems whatsoever - they even fixed a fault on my other car (the ZS) for very little money. will be dealing with these guys in the future.

• 1 month later...

I had a headlight bulb blow yesterday evening (luckily I was only a mile from home. This afternoon I gave Wings a call and despite saying they were busy with only two techs working today said to come down and they'd fit a new bulb for me.

I was in and out in under five minutes which I thought was fantastic. The tech that fitted it even took the time to show one of the girls on the service desk how to change a bulb so she could help future customers.

Fantastic service. If I'm still in the area when the Fabia needs the 30k service I'll certainly give them a go. :D

i've bought 3 cars from there now (including new vrs) and had non-skoda's serviced there.Very good service and very friendly(pretty girls on reception help!!) only think that lets them down.......crap part ex prices. suppose its the same for all garages

• 1 month later...

I’ve not actually bought a car from Wings as I live in the North West, but I have had the following dealings with them.

Skoda delayed the build of my car by around 6 weeks meaning a total delay from ordering to delivery of around 4 ½ MONTHS. Financially this has caused me problems. JMK2 suggested I get in touch with Justin at Wings to see if he could help. Sadly there were no cars in the country or in the pipe-line that were quite what I wanted he e-mailed me details of all the cars he thought might be of interest. I can only say what a thoroughly pleasant and non-pushy gentleman he is. He even e-mailed to wish me a Happy Christmas and after hearing that I was going to stick things out with my existing Dealer rang me later to reiterated if he or Wings could be of any help in supplying information etc on Skodas and so on please give him a ring. I used to be in car sales, so I reckon I can spot someone trying to sell me something, but even though I’m sure he was still using a little bit of the ‘soft-sell’ he came across as an unusually trustworthy and genuine chap.

10/10 from me in the customer service front at least.

Amanda

Edited by DGW
Reset to default font.

• 5 months later...

Wings have serviced my Fabias and as far as that goes, don't have too many complaints, apart from when they ordered a part under warranty to do with the ABS module. It was booked in to be replaced only to be told when they came to fit it, that it was the wrong part and they had to reorder.

They are not that great on money saving deals at Wings either, if you are looking to buy a new car, a shame, but what can you do? Apart from go elsewhere of course.

Lastly and I do really stress this point, if you want roof rails fitted to your estate after you have purchased the car, go elsewhere or make sure you get them fitted at time of new purchase.

Not only did they scratch my car, not only did they cut the rubber/hardened plastic roof gutter and then put it back in after the roof rails were fitted (so I had a three quater run followed by a chopped quater), but they also forgot to tighten the joining pieces between the bars and the roof so not only did water come in to the car once, but twice (when the car went back in, was told the scratch could not be done properly ie it was touched up but looked exactly the same, but they still did not rectify the problem of the water coming in through the roof).

When the car went in the second time, I was livid, spoke to the service manager who did apologise but I wasn't happy at some of the things that I was told by the guy that fitted the rails such as 'they are not very good' or 'that is how they are fitted at the build factory' add to the fact that the water had obviously stained part of teh roof lining too....

Just a word of warning really which is a shame, because they are generally very good.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Started well with them after 1st car purchase from them - great car etc - but not at all happy that inspection work requested and should have been identified + correct by them FOC at first service, has resulted in a bill for correction from a different garage who say I should claim back. P'boro seem to be less than interested in helping me recovering any aspect of the cost, technically they are at fault and its on paper too !!!

Skoda UK customer services - where are you ???

• 1 month later...

My experience with buying from Wings was good until they had the car for an Annual Inspection. Cost £254.00 bit expensive I thought, but thing got worse.

The (diesel) engine blew up on the MOT emissions test. Got a new engine under warranty, but it took a month, no offer of courtesy car. They lost the service history book and gave me someone else’s MOT Certificate. Got car back and went to Scotland on hols, broke down with a flat battery, they hadn’t connected the alternator. Got home and found what turned out to be a steering fluid leak, union not tightened.

Broke down again in Watford, got home on a tow truck, n/s drive shaft sheared, (not their fault I know), nine working days to fix, they told me they only had one tech available. Staff attitude came across as couldn’t care less. Pretty girls as someone else said, but they can’t fix cars! Doubt very much if I’ll be going back to them.

2/12/07 They now have lost my car hire invoice and want a copy???

• 1 month later...

Bought 03 Octavia TDI with 22000 on the clock in Feb this year. Fantastic service. Didn't like starting from cold. 4 or 5 attempts followed by lots of white smoke(unburnt fuel). Back it went. Diagnostic said all ok but Wings said they would replace Air mass meter. No difference. Back again, this time a new fuel pump. ( Under warranty, thank God!). Now cured. Wings were superb throughout and I would recommend them to anyone.

• 1 month later...

Bought my car from Jason wing at Wings of Peterborough, great guy, very friendly and helpful.

A week after I collected the car, the window switch failed so I thought that this would be a straightforward claim as the car was covered by a years waranty, it was then that I encountered the service manager!

After that unpleasent experience, even though I live in Peterborough, I will never use that garage again.

In summary, a great family owned business ruined by an arrogant service manager!

• 1 month later...

Wings have been through a few aftersales / service managers in the few years I've owned my Skoda.

When it's been in I've never been able to get a courtesy car regardless of how many times I've called.

Mine goes to Jabbasport now which are only a short drive away, I get a great personal service and a natty little Polo to get me around whilst mines being worked on.

Trust me nick, I don't think it matters where the car is from, Wings are expensive full stop, whether servicing or buying cars.

Never seem interested in giving decent trade in prices and most definately are not interested in giving much of a discount on a brand new car.

Many other 'dealers' are so in that respect, always shop around.

• 2 months later...

Just bought a new Ride-On Roomster for my son Klement from Wings and received excellent service from Tom on the Parts counter.Phoned in my order and even got a discount, plus delivering it for free because one of their staff live close by.Now thats great customer service, and a great big THANKYOU to you.

I have previously bought a used Skoda from Wings, back in 2003 and received nothing but courteous service and respect from all the staff there.It was only a cheap Part ex they'd taken in but Iwas still treated as if I was buying a brand new Superb.They even threw in a new Octavia T-Shirt!!!

Top marks for a great dealer.

Have Wings had a staff turnaround in the last couple of years? I remember being slightly disappointed with service from them when I had my (leased) Fabia, but my recent dealings regarding warranty work are so-far looking promising with friendly service to boot. :thumbup:

Edited by Tom_vRS

• 4 weeks later...

Hi All,

I just got my Octavia vRS from Wings. Justin was great and pricing was clear and well discounted. Colette on Admin was good at keeping me uptodate and talking through the process. Mark in the Service area has been helpful too with any queries.

No issues, very impressed and a great car. I would use them again for sure.

• 3 months later...

I`ve been dealing with wings for a couple of months now and I must say Justin and Nick are very pleasant saled persons.

I have been trying to offload my Astra 1.8 SRi Sport hatch for a Fabia Vrs for a while and at my 1st attempt they could not help me regards P/x price.

So I left it and relegated myself to driving my Poxhaul Astray until it dies on me.

A month and a half passes and Justin rings me with good news. He found a dealer interested in my Astray for a good price and then Nick ran through the VRs figures with too.

Pick it up tommorow from wings and I really cant wait.

My first deisel too.

• 8 months later...

I bought a 10 month old Mk2 Fabia 1.2 12v from Wings. Nic was a very helpful salesperson; honest, friendly, completely un-pushy. They weren't going to budge on the price but it was fairly keen anyway. Nic even offered to clear up a small mark on the driver's seat without me having to mention it.

The only downside was the finance quote was given as "5%" - I later found that's 5% 'flat rate' which is an APR of about 10%. Not the worst deal in the world for the relatively small amount involved. but not as good as it first seemed. They were happy for me to cancel the finance at any point up to the day before collection, so I was able to find a (slightly) better deal elsewhere.

I'll definitely think about taking it back there for servicing despite the fact it's 20 miles in the opposite direction to work.

• 3 months later...

Other than that (and bear in mind the actual car arrives tomorrow) - I've had no complaints - Dan in sales has been courteous, helpful (he's even picking me up tomorrow since I have no car and WIngs isn't on a bus route) and generally excellent, Colette on the phone is friendly and cheerful... They didn't even mind getting a dead Vectra for scrappage a week early!

Anyone used them for remaps? Not that I want one for the Roomster, but I see a sportier Octavia in my medium term future once Anne's Octavia Estate gets pensioned off.

Edited by DGW
Comment on previous post is not first-hand feedback, nor are questions appropriate here.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Im not a fan of these I have to say. These are local but unless my car is broken I would rather drive to Leicester or Lincoln. They are big rip off merchants as I found out. Could of changed staff by now but they still have the reputation!