Should have purchased the Elegance

Dear Briskodians

I should have waited and brought the Elegance for the nicer trim level but my budget and patience got the better of me.

I am now brooding because I want the centre arm rest, cruise control and the 16" comet alloys.

Any how, I know I can get the centre arm rest part number DAO700001 thanks to posts here and the alloys for a price but can the cruise control be retro fitted? I asked my local dealer and they gave me a price then later said that "no its not possible as my Fabia has an on board computer"

Any feedback would be welcome

Regards

BB

Proud owner of a 2013 1.2TSi Elegance SE

Best way for an armrest is to keep a lookout on the breaker pages on eBay, I search for fabia elegance (or fabia 2/3 pre-facelift) and also the roomster as they use the same parts.

Still not got one though. Every time I find one I don't have the money put aside any more!

Nice to see a briskodian who also lives in burton :)

Hi Sam

Thanks for the tips. Is there any particular version of the Roomster I should be looking for, MK1 or MK2?

Regards BB over in Branston

Branston near Lincoln?

Hi Sam

Thanks for the tips. Is there any particular version of the Roomster I should be looking for, MK1 or MK2?

Regards BB over in Branston

Both are fine - they're the same model, but there was a facelift in 2010 as there was with the Fabia too. Pre-facelift you're looking for trim level "2" or "3", post facelift you're best looking for either "SE" or more likely "Elegance".

Branston near Lincoln?

Branston the area on the A38 side of the river trent. Home to the B&Q you'll see my car at 95% of the time between 11 and 8 most days lol!

• Like 1

I work in Burton, too. Between the breweries. Usually you will see my Superb but sometimes our Furby SE.

Thanks for the advice, it was Skoda Dealer in Derby Gordon Lamb, contents of email below after I asked him to re-check.

Hello Vince,

I have rechecked on the official Skoda EPAC accessory system. According to the information on the site there are three cruise control kits available for Fabia, non of which would be suitable for your vehicle. It may be worth you placing a call to the company who have supplied the information you have mentioned to see where they got it from. In the meantime I will ask my staff to submit an enquiry ticket to Skoda to ensure that they aren’t missing information on the official site.

Regards,

Pat Goodwin
Parts Manager

[email protected]

Telephone: 01246 261100
Direct Line: 01246 267548

Gordon Lamb Head Office
1 Discovery Way, Station Road, Chesterfield, Derbyshire S41 9EG.

For our Group Website Click Here
For our Group Blog Click Here
For directions to our Locations Click Here
Gordon 'the' Lamb Facebook page click Here
Gordon Lamb Toyota Facebook page click Here
Gordon Lamb Nissan Facebook page click Here
Gordon Lamb Skoda Facebook page click Here
Gordon Lamb Land Rover Facebook page click Here

Edited by BurtonBloke

To fit a cruise control unit on an MKII Fabia regardless of engine you need 3 things.

1. The cruise control stalk/lever (there are two types, one for cars with an on board trip computer and one for cars who don't have a trip computer)

2. The wire loom

3. The correct comfort unit. It is the "brain" for all settings and functions that deal in most part with the car's cabin. If you are lucky you might have the one that supports a cc, if not then it is unfortunately an expensive item.

What a palaver, just been on the phone with Bickerton Skoda they host their own parts website http://www.skodaparts.com/product/fabia-cruise-control-kit-2012-2014-50731

£180 for the parts and 2.5 hours fitting @ £190 so around £370 but a caveated price as the coding may have to be done manually and the final cost for fitting could be a lot higher based on their experience. Seems like either its a pig of a job or a licence to print money, not sure what to believe.

If any one here has had this job done would you please let me know where and your experiences

Thanks

I have fitted plenty of CC kits to post 2010 cars. It is a more involved job than previous cars. Hanging upside down wiring into the BCM is great.

I charge £350 all inclusive.

Hi Tech1e PM sent

Here is an update to my retro fit for cruise control and after contacting two other Skoda dealers

1 - Sandicliffe Ltd Nottingham
2 - Johnsons Skoda Birmingham

Both dealers have come back with an identical price of £330 fully installed including all parts and labor with a fixed price guarantee 

I have opted for Sandicliffe as they also offer FREE collect and return service from Nottingham to Burton which is 34 miles each way at no extra charge. 

The car is booked in for next week and I should have it back on Thursday, I will update this post then.

hmmmm, now where did I see them Comet alloys?

• Like 1

Here is an update to my retro fit for cruise control and after contacting two other Skoda dealers

1 - Sandicliffe Ltd Nottingham

2 - Johnsons Skoda Birmingham

Both dealers have come back with an identical price of £330 fully installed including all parts and labor with a fixed price guarantee

I have opted for Sandicliffe as they also offer FREE collect and return service from Nottingham to Burton which is 34 miles each way at no extra charge.

The car is booked in for next week and I should have it back on Thursday, I will update this post then.

hmmmm, now where did I see them Comet alloys?

Me me me me me :)

Do you want me to bring them tomorrow?

:)

• 2 weeks later...

The cruise control is fitted works great.

Faultless service from Sandicliffe Nottingham. While the car was there they did the normal dealer condition check inspection found a grumble from the front upper suspension bearings so just ordered the parts and replaced them under warranty.

I cant recommenced this dealer enough just a shame my local dealer to the same standard as Sandicliffe.

• Like 1