key fob

• 2 weeks later...

Firstly, is it an Octavia Mk1 ...

Skoda_Octavia.JPG

Or a mk2?

Skoda_Octavia_II_silver_vr.jpg

As the mk1 was still available in 2005 as the Octavia Classic, but confusingly there was also the mk2 available in Classic trim at the same time.

I have just fitted an eBay central locking kit, pretty straight forward with a bit of reading. Cost £23 and comes with two very convincing haa blade flip keys. You have all the wiring you need in the door so just needs the drivers panel removing.

Here is the kit I got: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/201273239306?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

You will need a multimeter to measure resistance from lock but I imagine it will be 180ohms the same as mine. You then need a resister from maplins to match the reading you get(49p) a soldering iron and a bit of patience. If your door lock mechanism has single lock disabled the kit will open all doors, if like mine it has it enabled you will need vagcom to turn it off. To know if you have it enabled or not try turning the key once toward the front of the car, if all doors open its off. If you have to turn it twice to open all doors its on. Happy to help with fitting if you are near Crawley or with any advice as it took me a lot of reading to find the info I needed spread over 30 or so threads.

For the sake of search: retrofit remote central locking octavia mk2 II ebay kit fitting 

Edited by Nikonite

I cheers for the link if I lived near I would of poped down but iam in sunny stanley co durham lol I no when I turn key only one door opens I got to press that button near handbrake to open all doors...

I cheers for the link if I lived near I would of poped down but iam in sunny stanley co durham lol I no when I turn key only one door opens I got to press that button near handbrake to open all doors...

Turn it twice to the right and all doors should open. You will need vagcom to turn that annoyance off.

Just one more thing to consider it is also possible to get the genuine Skoda kit which I believe consists of the CCM and a genuine key fob which will also need the immobiliser transponder take it from your current keys, (if you only have one BE CAREFUL they are glass and delicate)You will need to do this anyway with the ebay kit, I can tell you how I did it on both keys without issue if you need me to. There was a very knowledgeable bloke on here someone that had fitted this a few times but his name escapes me. The ebay kit is the cheapest way I would have thought but just another option to consider. These are the keys from the ebay kit once done.

post-128022-0-78522100-1427450563_thumb.jpg

post-128022-0-68266100-1427450564_thumb.jpg

Edited by Nikonite

Firstly, is it an Octavia Mk1 ...

Skoda_Octavia.JPG

Or a mk2?

Skoda_Octavia_II_silver_vr.jpg

As the mk1 was still available in 2005 as the Octavia Classic, but confusingly there was also the mk2 available in Classic trim at the same time.

And elegance. As my elegance is an 04