Station Logos on Amundsen System - HELP!

Can anyone steer me in the right direction please...?

I've recently taken ownership of my first Skoda - an Octavia Mk3 Elegance 2.0TDi auto. I note that it's possible to save station logos for favourite radio stations.

I've followed all the instructions in the Amundsen user's manual and stuff online but I still can't get it to work. I've downloaded and extracted the ZIP file of logos from the VW website (someone on here posted a link to it) and have burnt these onto a CD, SD card and USB stick with the following results:

1) USB stick - not recognised when I plug it in

2) SD card in slot 2 (nav disk is in slot 1) - "unable to read SD card in SD2" (or similar message)

3) CD - recognised and the files are there but when i touch on the one I want to save against a saved station (both DAB and FM), the screen switches back to the saved stations with no logo assigned

Someone has suggested my system may not be able to save logos and only 14 plate cars onwards can (mine was registered in Oct 2013) but it'll automatically save the one for BBC World Service over the air and displays broadcasted images for Capital and Heart fine so I can't see this being the case.

Anyone able to offer a solution? Thanks.

I think you need a specific firmware version or higher for this to work. Search the threads for DAB logos, there is definitely some information on the forum.

With the SDCard and USB key, ensure you have formatted it correctly. I think it needs to be FAT32.

Are the USB stick and SD Card formatted as FAT32 and are the logos in the root of the card?

Are you using a PC or a Mac to write the files to the USB or SD Card?

Formatted as NFTS as that's what I'm sure I read it had to be. I'll try FAT32. The logos are just there on the card - no folders etc, just the image files. And I'm using a PC.

I think you need a specific firmware version or higher for this to work. Search the threads for DAB logos, there is definitely some information on the forum.

With the SDCard and USB key, ensure you have formatted it correctly. I think it needs to be FAT32.

And how would one get the firmware updated if this is what's causing the issue?

Formatted as NFTS as that's what I'm sure I read it had to be. I'll try FAT32. The logos are just there on the card - no folders etc, just the image files. And I'm using a PC.

That's likely to be the culprit for the system not being able to read the card. NTFS is pretty much a windows only format.

That's likely to be the culprit for the system not being able to read the card. NTFS is pretty much a windows only format.

I'll certainly try FAT32 later, thanks. I do find is very strange that it recognises the CD and shows the image files on it yet when i touch one to assign it to a station, the screen simply returns to the list of presets without adding the logo... I've emailed Skoda Customer Services and asked for some techy type to call me.

Other than all that, what an awesome car!!! Why I never went down the Skoda route before is beyond me...

I'll certainly try FAT32 later, thanks. I do find is very strange that it recognises the CD and shows the image files on it yet when i touch one to assign it to a station, the screen simply returns to the list of presets without adding the logo... I've emailed Skoda Customer Services and asked for some techy type to call me.

Other than all that, what an awesome car!!! Why I never went down the Skoda route before is beyond me...

Are the images 500 x 500 px or smaller?

I had a similar issue though mine is a Jan 2015 build.

I had all the logos on a recognised USB stick and I would do as you and select the appropriate logo only for nothing to show on the preset, except for a small trash can symbol. I did the same for 2 further presets and gave up thinking I must be doing something wrong.

The following morning I came to try again and low and behold the logos were present! I was then able to add all remaining ones immediately.

Don't know if this is your issue but worth knowing it can take a while for the logos to show up for some reason.

Successfully stored station logos on my Nov 2014 registered Octy Scout with Amundsen (software version: 0435), used SD card (FAT32 file system) & all worked fine.  More info on DAB Slideshows topic, posts state logos not stored on software versions 01xx.  Hope you get it resolved.

• Like 1

I'd agree that it's probably not being in FAT32 that caused the problems.

Mine worked on a December 13 model so I doubt age is the problem.

Edited by skovirg

tried doing this via a FAT32 sd card from my mac and the columbus wouldn't show the png files, but re-downloaded and did the same on my windows work laptop and it worked fine - i think it maybe the way the mac unpacks the zip file

Edited by Exeterj

tried doing this via a FAT32 sd card from my mac and the columbus wouldn't show the png files, but re-downloaded and did the same on my windows work laptop and it worked fine - i think it maybe the way the mac unpacks the zip file

Are you sure you scrolled down far enough? OS X places "invisible" files with the same filenames (apart from a "." in the beginning) of the originals on each drive, and those naturally won't work. You can use an app like OptimUSB to get rid of them on eject though.

• Like 1

Are you sure you scrolled down far enough? OS X places "invisible" files with the same filenames (apart from a "." in the beginning) of the originals on each drive, and those naturally won't work. You can use an app like OptimUSB to get rid of them on eject though.

Ah maybe i didn't - they did have a dot at the front i think - kept them on the other SD card so will have a look tomorrow.

I hardly use my mac (use iPad at home, and windows at work) so really don't know how it works - despite having macbook and mini mac as a server/time machine backup (but thats my limit).

Just did mine yesterday, got mine from VW site I found posted somewhere, German site with a UK zip to download.

Anyway I use a Mac and note that the MIB Amundsen shows all the hidden files that start with a . (Period/full stop) and each logo seems to have one, so you need to scroll past all of these for the actual logos, which you will be able to see next to the name.

Hope this helps, I'm using the SD card I have my music on that used with my old Amundsen+ in my O2. Pretty sure FAT32 format which is default for SD, which should never be formatted by an OS formatter, you should download the one from the SD card official site as the OS formatter deletes the wear levelling data.

i use my usb stick all the time to update station logos with no problems. however sometimes you have to plug/unplug the stick a couple of times before it is registered by the Amundsen. put an mp3 music file on the stick as well so you can easily tell if the stick is working.

the logo update process is then very easy.

let me know if you are still having problems.

Wondered how I could get the logos on, so have tried this this morning. Downloaded the logos from skauts post: http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/347583-station-logos-on-amundsen-system-help/#entry4173705

The logos appear briefly upon channel changes, but then disappear (looked at station info, slideshow, and the other options. It hasn't really worked and it would've been cool but not to worry I thought

HOWEVER, it's introduced a problem whereby, my radio is no longer changing channels properly. I have it set so 'next / previous' changes through the presets, but if i leave a channel change more than a second or so next time I click "next channel" (the arrows on the radio / steering wheel), it just goes back to preset 1. Nightmare!!! can anyone help me please? :)

edit: my profile is out of date - I do have a mk3 now :)

Edited by looking_to_buy