Hayselden Skoda - Doncaster

• 5 months later...

hi there

at the moment i am not happy with the dealership after seeing my car thrashed round the car park in front of me when the sub contractors were asked to valet the car by the dealership after warranty reapir work at the moment no reply from them still waiting for the phone call.

critch

not a happy person at the moment.

• 8 months later...

I've noticed that there with them too. I was sat in my car in the car park and this other car screamed past. I thought "I hope they don't do that with mine....."

Other than that I quite like them and Ian is helpful.

• 3 months later...

:mad: Hmmm, i'm not happy with them either. I've sent an email to the service manager after taking my Fabia vRS in for service recently and i'm waiting for a reply.

I took mine in for my first service and the stutter. I also mentioned a noise when changing from 2nd to 3rd and very lumpy idling when warm.

£160 later (£45 more than my local Skoda dealer who couldn't fit me in) for a 10k service and my car wasn't washed let alone valeted as their website says it would be. I was then told they couldn't solve the stutter without ordering parts and a return visit despite being prewarned it needed doing when I booked the service. To make matters worse they did nothing at all about the gear change grind and the lumpy idling.

In short over priced and poor service. I'll report back when (if) they get back to me.

hi fab vrs

my wife has just had her car serviced and we have a wierd high pitch whistle

still even though we told them but they suppose to have changed an intercooler pipe but it`s going back in to be honest my wife is fed up with skoda all together and see is considering buying an audi a3

I can see why! I emailed the service manager around 1030hrs 18/04/07 and guess what, still no reply. This is my first new car and so far i'm not inspired by the level of service i've received. I used to have a Vauxhall (wash my mouth out) that went to the main dealer for service and despite a poor reputation they were miles better than Hayselden and charged less than half the price for the same product.

• 2 months later...

Mine was in last week, my cd was on track 4 when I took it in and track 16 when I picked it up so clearly not just been doing the work I wanted. Apart from that they have been okay for me, bit worried now about how they have driven it while it was there, but they have found my faults and ordered the parts.

Anyone know what they are like for replacing alloys on warranty? I am okay at the moment but concerned about this issue in the future.

I have had about ten skoda cars know, fabia vrs, octavia vrs, sports tdi,and superb.to name a few i have always found hayseldens helpful and yes they have had to order parts to mend the car but it as always been sorted unlike with some other makes i have owned in the past and although they should not fly around in our cars do you think other garages dont do it

• 1 month later...

very poor service, never have any parts in , and when my mate took his car in for service ,they defected several item and when i had a look at it with view to repairing it all but one didnt need doing !

• 2 weeks later...

As per Steve's (Rigsby) post ....

I used them for every service from buying the TDI from them at 26k (mileage not price obviously) in Jan 2004, they were friendly, helpful, & seemed honest. However, the 120k service, since the new service manager took over ... List of "jobs to be done" totalling £1100. 1 done FOC under parts warranty (after I pointed warranty on that part out to them), replaced rear tyres elsewhere, everything else, not required.

I'll highlight the sentence "since the new service manager took over",

the new service they offer being needless wallet emptying!

Formerly a loyal regular customer ... Darren

• 5 months later...

Just phoned them regarding a coil pack for my fun, muppit on end of phone didnt realy know what it was i wanted so left me on hold for 5 minutes, then not sure if part he had found was correct and was told he couldnt give me part number as it is company policy. makes me feel like buying a *******fiat

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...

Time for another update,

2nd car purchased March 2008 no problems,

serviced in October no problems.

Went in with a winter tyre / wheel query, very helpful, trial fitted wheels etc

Recently had faulty rear screen washer (pipe adrift) fixed immediately, no hassle.

Some good people there :thumbup:

• 4 months later...

I hope the comments above about the new faces and more informed staff are correct as I have had a very poor experience with this dealer in the past.

When I owned my Fabia VRs I had the usual issue of the boost hose popping off the intercooler. I went to these people to order a spare clip for the hose. After explaining what I wanted the person behind the desk spent ages on the computer trying to identify the part. After about 15 minutes he went to get someone more senior, who also failed to find the part on their computer system.

I was then asked if I was sure about the part I was ordering, to which I said yes. They replied that they couldn't find the part on the system as none of the models or engines they were looking at had intercoolers or even turbochargers. I thought they had miss-heard me and re-stated that it was for a Fabia VRs. They said they know that but couldn't find the part for the same reason, i.e. it doesnt have an intercooler or a turbo! Confused, I pointed out that the Fabia VRs it a turbocharged, intercooled diesel engine and most definately does have one!! They said no, the VRs has a petrol engine......

At this point I said that Skoda should be congratulated for making a car that aparantly has a petrol engine in it, which I have been putting diesel in for the last 12 months, and still works. I then left and have never been back.

• 4 weeks later...

I went in today to Hazledens for one of those tiny plastic grommets which hold the door seals onto the doors, each door on an Octy has about 30.I had to get my hammer and chisel out to explain to the gentleman what I wanted.

In the end I took him into the showroom and showed him one on a new Octavia. The penny then dropped, he pulled the seal off and then after consulting his computer, it said "NO". I was told they must be ordered.

I replaced the seal on the brand new White Octavia in the showroom myself ! So if anyone is buying it it's me that put your door seal back on.

• 7 months later...

Epic fail from them again last week.

Wife forgot to get book stamped @ the 30k mile service

I took the book back in , and they have no record of servicing my car.

They have no record of it being booked in , and I am told I have to produce the invoice ( thats 13 miles away )

Why should I have to prove that they made a mistake ?

The car was booked in under the wrong numberplate - their fault.

Zero confidence in them.

• 2 months later...

Not looking good for me, just tried booking my '08 PD VRS Combi in for the first maintenance work it's had could have gone in before, but I've lived with niggles).

Basically the car has a oil leak at the back of the engine near the turbo (enough for me to have put 4-5 litres of oil in stages in the last week).

They can't give me an appointment before the 4th June with a loan vehicle, even when pushed!!!

They maybe able to look at the car on Friday, but no guarantees and definately no loan vehicle.

Edited by DGW
Quote removed and question also which should be posted in main forums. This forum is for first-hand feedback only.

• 8 months later...

yesterday went to hayselden skoda doncaster to test drive a new fabia vrs, the staff were very helpful and not pushing u to buy one, and was took on a really good test route so that you could drive the car how it should be driven. going back when they have the monte carlo version in. :thumbup:

• 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Bought a 2011 Superb Twindoor 140CR S from them a couple of weeks ago. Excellent experience throughout. Superb was fairly priced; they gave me a decent price for the Roomster trade-in; Kirsty the sales exec knew her stuff and wasn't at all pushy; when I asked for a spare wheel and tool kit FOC, no problem. Live in Nottingham so shall be going locally for servicing, so people's horror stories with that won't affect me.

• 1 year later...

I have used this garage several times had a few niggles but went back main issue was 3 years ago i needed new main engine wiring loom took 16 weeks to repair 2 of those weeks they left me without a car! They then left my hand brake on so when it came back it was soft I queried this over phone and decided to wait until it could go for a service ( 6 weeks later as I needed a loan car) got it back and was told that it was handbrake cable but none in stock, my sisters friend looked at it and said no twisted calliper where they had dragged into free it after being stood 16 weeks with brake on then the NSF indicator would not always work and I took it back for that they charged me 15 for wiring to be re-done and a new bulb! I said why should I pay that if wiring wrong its wiring you just done so I should not pay for your mistake!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

After a very bad experience the previous day (9th Dec) when I traveled from Oxford to at Azur Skoda in Chichester (a 190 mile round trip) were I was l told on the phone that they had a 12 plate Skoda superb 1.6 Greenline SE in good condition with only 24k on the clock on sale at £12000, only to arrive to see a car with a cracked back Off Side light, and a reversing light full of water/condensation on the Near Side, plus a very deep gouge to the Off Side front wing paint work, and very bad corrosion to 90% of the chrome trim around the doors and windows, the car also had 3 different makes of Tyres of which the rear Near Side was almost flat, needless to say I walked away.

On the journey home I phoned Hayselden Skoda Doncaster and Enquired about a Superb 1.6 SE GreenLine Hatchback that they had in stock with 10917 miles on the clock, on sale at £14000 on a 62 plate I spoke with one of the salesman Darren, and explained the bad experience I had just had at Azur Skoda in Chichester, Darren was appalled at the way I'd been treated by a Skoda main dealership, and promised me that if I was willing to make the 300 mile round trip from Oxford to Doncaster that I would definitely not be disappointed with the car that Hayselden had to offer me, and that he would personalty give the car a thorough check and call me back if he wasn't entirely happy with anything about the car (he didn't call back) so the very next morning I phoned Hayselden (it was Darren's day off) and spoke with Martin the manager/head-salesman, I told him about my bad experience with Azur Skoda the previous day, I asked Martin for his assurance regarding the condition of the vehicle as I would be coming all the way up from Oxford to buy the car that day, he said that he had spoken with Darren regarding my concerns and that there was only one thing wrong with the car, a slight scuff of one of the alloy wheels.

When I eventually arrived at Hayselden after a 3 hour drive, Martin was having his lunch, so he handed me over to Richard (another salesman) to show me the car, as I approached the car in the car park, I could immediately see that a repair had been done to the Off Side front wing, on further inspection I could see that it was quite obvious that the whole wing had been replaced, and to make it worse, it was a very poor quality repair job. So I then turned to Richard and said, this car has had a wing replaced hasn't it?

Richard immediately did his best, I know nothing about it (surprised) face and said, I'll get Martin the manager out here to take a look, when Martin came out I went a little further and said, this cars been involved in an accident, and asked if he knew what the full extent of the damage was to the vehicle, again another very surprised face, then as quick as you like Martin said, would you still like to take it for a test drive? and then to add insult to injury he then said, lots of cars have a bit of body work don't they? I replied, yes but can you tell me you know for sure that this car hasn't been damaged mechanically or structurally? He replied with, it's still under warranty, at which point I gave up, and with a half-hearted/embarrassed apology from Richard for my wasted journey, I turned round and took the 4 hour drive back home.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Great experience with my son buying his new Citigo MC but my Octy II VRS Estate handover was a bit of a **** up. You know when things can go wrong they usually do at the worst moment? After a combo of events it was building up to a disaster but calm and practical application from the salesman put things back on track.

I'm slightly rattled by the experience but reassured in a way that it was rescued so well. The car was ready but not the paperwork! Clearly a fully detailed job will have to be completed next week when I go back but I was able to legitimately take the car today and nobody was injured in the process or lack of it.

I could be unkind about my experience but more constructively I see the better part of this was their ability to save it for me. Outstanding effort.

The difference between a wise person and a clever person is that the clever person can get out of situations that the wise man might not have got into in the first place. Hayseldens were Simply Clever.

• 1 year later...

Well, I have bought a car unseen( despite these reviews) from them and will collect it in 2 weeks. So far the enquiries, questions and email response's have been excellent and in particular Cheri the sales exec. has responded to my emails quickly.

I am hoping that this service remains as we have a 1000 mile journey home. Will update later