Toyo r888

group1rs

I think you might have been given some duff info there.

GG is the normal medium compound (most commonly used), they also do an SG compound, which are really soft and don't last 2 mins.

The XL just means the tyre is reinforced (so it's safe to use on heavier cars).

Edited by Cossie1

I think you might have been given some duff info there.

GG is the normal medium compound (most commonly used), they also do an SG compound, which are really soft and don't last 2 mins.

The XL just means the tyre is reinforced (so it's safe to use on heavier cars).

Just looking online and listed is XL or GG from tyre leader with quite a difference in price. I don't want to order the XL and get it in SG compound. What I need is GG compound XL rated . Correct ?

Tyre leader show 225/40/18 XL at £137 and GG at £165 inc VAT and delivery.

So I emailed tyre leader saying that online it shows two listings XL and GG. I asked for a price for 225/40/18 GG compound and XL load rating. This was the reply.

Hello,

Our stock and prices are updating constantly several times a day. We invite you to go directly to our website to check if the products you are looking for are available and its price.

Delivery times are indicated for each product. Some items require a longer shipment time lapse as we have to order them directly from the manufacturer.

Best regards,

- Eunice -.

Not very helpful !

So I emailed tyre leader saying that online it shows two listings XL and GG. I asked for a price for 225/40/18 GG compound and XL load rating. This was the reply.

Hello,

Our stock and prices are updating constantly several times a day. We invite you to go directly to our website to check if the products you are looking for are available and its price.

Delivery times are indicated for each product. Some items require a longer shipment time lapse as we have to order them directly from the manufacturer.

Best regards,

- Eunice -.

Not very helpful !

Hi have heard elsewhere there not very helpful

Didn't think you tracked your car Pete?

Have you considered other options like Yokohama AO48s, Dunlop DZ03Gs, Michelin Pilot Sport Cup or Yokohama AD08R? Demon Tweeks are also listing the new R888R but they may take a while to arrive.

The AO48s and DZ03Gs are supposed to be better than R888s from what I have heard, not sure where the PSCs fit in. AD08Rs will obviously not give as much dry grip but won't be lethal if there is a downpour.

Didn't think you tracked your car Pete?

Have you considered other options like Yokohama AO48s, Dunlop DZ03Gs, Michelin Pilot Sport Cup or Yokohama AD08R? Demon Tweeks are also listing the new R888R but they may take a while to arrive.

The AO48s and DZ03Gs are supposed to be better than R888s from what I have heard, not sure where the PSCs fit in. AD08Rs will obviously not give as much dry grip but won't be lethal if there is a downpour.

Didn't think I tracked my car ! Only at every opportunity I get. And yes I am considering lots of track tyres at the moment.

• Like 1

I'd be looking at the AD08Rs or maybe the Kumho V70a/V700 as these seem to work well on the other car. Or Federal RSRs. The 888s seem to have a narrow operating window, and you wouldn't want to leave them on the car off the track. 

What tyres have you used up until now?

I run AD08Rs on the Clio and am very happy with them (wet or dry). Also seen a lot of heavier/more powerful cars on trackdays running them so I'm sure they'd be good on the Octy too.

• 4 weeks later...

Spec 2's give reasonable grip, but the sidewalls are a bit soft and i've managed to delaminate them in the past on track, even in a 115bhp (when new) seat toledo.

• Like 1

888's  & R1R are no longer made but there are a couple of distributors that have some.    Ebay would be your first port of call. 

Nankang  (don't laugh) have a newish track tyre NS2-R  out and supposedly better than the 888.    Others to consider are AO48,    Federal RS r and Kumho Ecsta V70 which are super grippy but expensive.   As said before forget about the ditchfinder Paradas.

Edited by Soot1e

Just received a set of NS-2R track (120) compound from tyreleader as I have watching the price of these come down over the last 4 weeks. Paid £265 for a set of 225 45 17 and wait to get them fitted. Opted for these over the fed's as they come with 7mm compaired to 5mm on the fed's.

• Like 1

Just received a set of NS-2R track (120) compound from tyreleader as I have watching the price of these come down over the last 4 weeks. Paid £265 for a set of 225 45 17 and wait to get them fitted. Opted for these over the fed's as they come with 7mm compaired to 5mm on the fed's.

Get them fitted Mister we need a verdict, have read some favorable reviews, Think Brimma recently bought some 18's ready for How Fast, don't seem to recall anyone else fitting these yet, might give them a go after the RSR's.

• Like 1

Just a little busy at the moment so I won't get time get them fitted and swop wheels over.

Price has gone up a little since I ordered but from the reviews seem to be glowing for the money.

888's  & R1R are no longer made but there are a couple of distributors that have some.    Ebay would be your first port of call. 

Nankang  (don't laugh) have a newish track tyre NS2-R  out and supposedly better than the 888.    Others to consider are AO48,    Federal RS r and Kumho Ecsta V70 which are super grippy but expensive.   As said before forget about the ditchfinder Paradas.

The Nankang is supposed to be very good and has decent wet grip too.

Plus they are getting some great feedback from drivers that track thier cars.

I've just moved my Skyline off of Toyo 888s onto the Nankangs.

The 888s lasted 2,000 miles and three track days.  And the 888s were noticably more expensive.

• Like 1

13" Nankangs only come in 185 and 175 profile so i'm stuffed as well.

I noticed that :( nothing in any sizes for my car :(

Looks like you'll have to invest in some different size wheels to get the right rolling radius.