2.0 tsi strange noise

2010 vrs 2.0tsi sounds like its got a supercharger there is a high pitched electric whine garage have replaced the alternator and belt thinking it was that delivered the car back and it still the same cant hear the noise when on idle but rev it and it whines anyone else experienced this?

• 2 months later...

Hi Steve

Mine does it with the aircon on or off... ive been reading the forum and many other users mention the waterpump seals failing. I am gonig to use the screwdriver methond tonight to have a listen and see if the noise is coming from there.

The aircon runs all the time and although it will be under more load if used that is unlikely to make much difference.

I have not experienced that sort of noise and hopefully someone else can be more helpful.

Mine is whining a little with the aircon on, and certainly silences after turning it off, hence why I mentioned it.

Just trying to help pinpoint the noise.. :-)

Steve

Yes, sorry. I missed the step in my thought. I was assuming the noise was engine-related because of the commented difference between idle and revving. My point was about the aircon pump run directly off the engine rather than the largely separate overall ventilation system. Noises can be hard to pin down so all points are helpful.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All

has anyone got any further with this weird noise? i was out for a drive last night to tesco and used my time to try and listen to when and where it may be coming from, it could also sound like air at high pressure. Has anyone had any problems with boost pipes or any other air pipes splitting?