Mitchell Skoda - Chester

DGW

• 6 months later...

They messed up my wheel alignment twice, failed to inform me of dangerously worn tyres as a result of the alignement and refused to answer a comlaint letter I sent (they answered the first but after I'd had a think and replied; ignored the second).

Steve

• 3 months later...

Rang three times today to obtain price for retrofit cruise control . Seemed like the enquiry should have been placed in the to difficult basket . Quoted around £235.00 . Several dealers on here including other skoda dealers will carry out the job for prices ranging between £127.00 and £160.00 .Needless to say there prices are pie in the sky high !!!!

• 6 months later...

Just took delivery of my 3rd Skoda from Mitchell's, I've never had anything other than 1st class service from them, way beyond what should be expected. As an example, my new car was due to arrive at the start of March, but as we all know there have been delays at Skoda. I had a holiday to the Lakes planned on 1st March so Mitchells provided a free courtesy car, not just any car, but a rather nice brand new V6 Lexus that I was free to keep for almost a week :) But then I am a repeat customer!

Other examples have been their service staff picking up and dropping off my car to be serviced at the dealership 15 miles away (they used to be much nearer), picking up my car from my workplace for minor tweaks etc.

In my experience nothing is too much trouble for them!

Another thumbs up for Mitchell in Cheshire Oaks.

Had my car in today for Wheel bearings to be replaced and have MOT done.

Outstanding first class service. Have used them on 5 seperate occasions now and everytime the service and help has been first class

I will keep using them for everything.

Mark Mitchell has a first class outfit

Carl :thumbup:

• 3 weeks later...

Mixed feelings about Mitchell, originally they were very friendly, but when I tried to speak to them about price them clammed up and wouldnt offer anything!

Therefore I will be speaking to other dealers locally to see who is more likely to do a deal!

Edited by chesterben

• 3 months later...

Quick initial thumbs up for Mitchells!!!

I knew of this dealership as I used to market them during my employment at a VAG approved bodyshop. When I decided to trade-in my Mk5 Golf GTi they were advertising a couple of FL Octavia vRS TDi's and Superb CR170 TDi Elegance's so I decided to pop along for a look. I was dealt with by Mark Singer who looks like your traditional young polished salesman but was a pleasure to deal with.

He gave me an initial valuation for my part-ex which was acceptable and after an initial chat I leaned towards the Superb. I explained I was after a DSG equipped vehicle and as the only CR170 TDi DSG vehicle they had was the Group Sales Directors car he got the keys and off we went for a test drive. Unfortunately they didn't have any suitable cars in immediately so as I left I gave Mark a budget and a wish list of specification - including paddle shift which I know is pretty rare on a Superb. I explained I was going away to Spain for a fortnight and that I would contact him on my return.

Within 5 days of being away Mark e-mailed to say they had taken a vehicle in part-ex from a regular customer that he felt was ideal but that another sales guy had a possible buyer. I explained I was unsure of commiting to a purchase whilst on holiday but he agreed to hold the vehicle for a returnable £500 deposit pending a test drive and inspection when I returned. We agreed the finances of the deal (very impressively in my favour) and I paid the deposit.

I popped down the day I flew back and completed the deal and I have had the car for 3 days now. Mark had arranged some flowers for the wife (something Mitchells do with every sale!!) which was much appreciated. I have had to e-mail Mark today with a couple of very minor issues and I hope the outcome will follow the impressive display so far!!!!

Edited by Jono76

• 2 months later...

They might be good for cars sales but their service prices are mega over the top , i just had a Quote from Mitchells (Chester) for cambelt and pump on an Octy VRS TDi - £568.25 - OUCH , anyone know of a good indy in Chester ?

• 2 months later...

Recently dealt with Dave Alexander at Mitchell's. I bought a low milage 2004 Superb Tdi Elegance. Car was mint, and the service was excellent. These guys know their stuff and how to treat a customer. I would highly recommend them.

• 2 months later...

I've ordered a new Superb Estate Elegance TDI CR 170 DSG for me and a Fabia SE 1.2 TSI for the missus. Both orders were placed through Richard Griffiths who I can't praise enough for his friendly and relaxed attitude. He kindly arranged for me to have a Superb for a whole weekend before I placed an order, and he went to the trouble of getting the exact model I was looking to buy. He's kept me informed when we've been watching the build weeks come and go and has even sourced me a decent loan car while I wait for my Superb to arrive.

Richard also went to the trouble of ringing in on his day off to make sure my wife's Fabia was ready for delivery. OK, so it only took him five minutes, but it was still nice of him to do so.

He's always happy to chat about the brand shows an interest in what he sells... we've spent many a time comparing the Superb to the other VAG brands and he humours my enthusiasm (not that he has a choice :giggle: )

No flowers for the wife when her Fabia arrived though... so there's a hint Richard if you're reading this ;)

There's also a free car wash every Saturday morning for all cars bought from them, with free coffee, donuts, tv and pc's available while you wait... again, it's only a small point, but it all helps to make a good impression.

I would definitely recommend Richard.

• 1 month later...

I went to Lightcliffe Skoda in Warrington to request a test drive of the Yeti as I am chopping my A4 in for one this year, once they knew this was going to be a company car and ordered through an independent lease company I was told by the them to contact Skoda UK for a test drive as they had nothing to gain from me driving their demonstrator. I was quite annoyed by this and went to Mitchells.

I spoke to David Alexander who was more than happy to throw me the keys and said "take as long as you need" the result was that IVL who we use for leasing has ordered the car from Mitchells and I am waiting for it to be built.

I also went back to David A to swap the wife's car, he gave me a very favourable deal on our ageing Bora V5 and we are now the owners of a brand new Fabia VRS in Race Blue.

All I can say is service and friendliness of this dealer are second to none! Once the Yeti arrives I will be able to comment further as this will cover 40k miles a year so I should have a good idea of how well the service team operate.

Finally, thank you Lightcliffe Warrington for nothing, in return I also bought nothing from you anyway!

Lightcliffe 0-2 Mitchells

:thumbup:

Edited by James I
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

We dealt with Ross. Excellent customer care overall. When we had a few problems last year, one person wasn't terribly helpful over the phone, but since then, everything's been fine. The staff are very pleasant and the experience of the entire showroom is absolutely second to none. Not every dealer gives you a bouquet of flowers with your new car! Excellent - highly recommended.

• 3 months later...

I bought a 10 plate Octavia VRS from Richard Griffiths and can only echo other comments that it was a relaxed, friendly sale and experience.

The dealership (and Richard in particular) seemed busy on the 2 occasions that we were there, but again facilities are excellent and the free complemantary water / tea /coffee /fruit whilst watching the Plasma tv upstairs is not a bad way to spend a few minutes waiting.

I was initially worried before collecting the car that not everything would be done to the paintwork, (I had driven it after it had only just arrived to the dealership, and they had not had time to fix any issues - it had a couple of chips and a scratch that needed sorting and an alloy repairing where someone had got too close to a kerb!)but all was fine, the bodywork had been restored to mint condition and as it was one of these on / off rainy days - Richard had kept the car in the Valet bay for us so we could see it dry and inspect it. Great touch!

Richard kept in touch via phone and email and although we left it late to get my insurance documents to him for taxing purposes, Richard suggested I use Skoda's 7 day complimentary insurance service and a quick phonecall sorted that issue out.

Drove it nice and steady on the way home, but noticed a totally different attitude from other road users, (the insignia driver who absolutely HAD to undertake me then pull in front before immediately turning right?) and a guy in some Merc who decided that the correct gap between me and him was 3cm behind my back bumper! A brief duel carridgeway, foot down and YEEEHAAAA! problem sorted, the car is a rocketship! I LOVE IT! :rofl:

A beautiful bunch of complimentary flowers topped the day off and needless to say I am a very happy customer! Thanks Mitchells and Richard. :thumbup:

Edited by M4rkos

• 1 month later...

Last weekend went to Mitchells to take advantage of their free car-wash, coffee and doughnuts! While there I asked the service dept about

enabling my Daylight Running Lights and disabling the double-click door unlocking. "Bring it in now" they said, job done in about 15/20 minutes

and no charge! Great service like that makes you go back to them! Thanks

• 1 month later...

I ordered a bonnet insulation panel the other day, got a text this morning to say it was in... went and picked up and asked for some windscreen wash too, and was given a bottle foc!! cant moan at that emoticon-0148-yes.gif

• 3 months later...

Had a great experience of buying a used car at Mitchell Skoda.

Dawn sold me the car and was very helpful and friendly at all times.

After sales are also very helpful to me doing everything they can to help with the problems telford skoda are causing.

Would highly reccomend them.

• 1 month later...

I dealt with Dawn when I purchased my Yeti in February, no pressure sales just handed me the key to the Yeti and said 'take as long as you want on the test drive'.

Got an excellent trade in (£2000-00 more than what Alex Lawrie offered!).

All in all very happy with Mitchells.

• 1 month later...

Bought 2 new cars from Mitchells. A Roomster 3 with optional extras and an Octavia Tdi Elegance Estate. Both times I dealt with Dave Alexander who was superb throughout. Can't praise this dealership enough.

• 1 month later...

Bought my new 2012 Octavia vRS from Mitchells last week - been there before to have a look around but never really got into negotiations about any of them until a few weeks back.

Dealt with Dave Alexander who was brilliant throughout the transaction. Asked them to transfer my private plate across to the new Octy which took a bit longer than i wanted, but that was down to the DVLA and not Skoda. Daves a great chap and gave me a great price on trade in of my Fabia vRS - he battled to get a good price for me which im thrilled about.

Great experience, will deal with again should i get rid of the Octy and decide on another Skoda

Big thumbs up :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Paul

• 2 months later...

I have bought my new 2012 Roomster 1.2 se from Mitchells 2 week ago I had been looking to change my Vauxhall and been there before but never really took a lot of interest in Skoda until a few weeks back when I had seen a couple of Roomsters being driven around while on holiday.what i liked about Mitchells is that you are free to look around without the dreaded salesman hanging around waiting to jump in, I was made wecome and felt that I was part of the happy family they are trying to create which is nice.

I was helped in choosing the right car by a guy called Dave Alexander who was brilliant throughout the transaction. we tried varies models in the Roomster range until I found the right one and then Dave checked around and found the right deal through Skoda.. Dave is a great person and very informative he gave me a great price on trading in my car and then battled with his boss to get a good price for me which im thrilled about. on collecting the car the transation was made easy and we (wife) were in and out within half an hour and then Dave surprised us both by presenting my wife with a lovely flower arrangment.

what treatment second to none, every one I know will be told about Mitchell and would recommend every time.

many thanks Mitchells of Cheshire Oaks

Edited by honeycroft

• 2 months later...

Nothing but praise for Mitchells.Living on the Isle of Man, and no Skoda Main Dealer, I knew the model of Yeti I wanted and they had it for sale there, All dealings where by phone with Ben, who really was up to the job.Picked it up from Birkenhead (Sat 29thDec), and back on Ferry in under 1 hour.

Many thanks to Ben and Clive for superb service, can highly recommend Mitchells.

Regards Tony

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Today saw the purchase of my 5th Octavia from Mitchel's. Times have changes as far as Skoda's position in the market is concerned, they're not the bargain they were but Mitchel's service and customer care is still absolutely top notch and is at least part of the reason I didn't change to either Mercedes or another Skoda dealer this time.

In common with other posters, I also had great service from Dave Alexander, his enthusiasm and humour was very much appreciated and I absolutely know from experience that this doesn't end after the car has been delivered.

If you live in the area, this is where I recommend you visit, the new sales facility at Cheshire Oaks is excellent.

RIP Fred, I hadn't realised until now.

• 1 month later...

I'm new here and I'd thought I'd chip in my 2 cents worth about this dealership:

I picked up a second-hand Superb from Mitchells on 16th September - I got a good deal on the price & got a reasonable px on my old motor.

On the journey home I started to encounter issues with the new motor; sat-nav not working & various electrical issues.  I reported this to them in good time and they were more than happy for me to bring the car back in and they would take a look at them for me ... after all, it's a second hand car & I expect a couple of issues.

Things went dramatically down-hill from this point on - I took the car back to them on 26th September, they gave me a courtesy car FOC (can't argue with that) and I was on my merry way back home (I live over an hour away from this dealership).

Later that day I got a call telling me that they had addressed some of the issues I was experiencing, but would need to order parts to fix the sat-nav.

In my haste to get back home in a timely manner (it was after 5PM when  I arrived to pick my car up), I simply got in it and drove back home without checking it over.  It wasn't until I got home that I noticed that every panel is peppered with scratches that  weren't there when I left it with them.

Sadly I arrived home after Mitchells had already closed, so I reported this the next day - I was met with the usual "we don't know how this has happened"  and I was asked if I could "just pop round and show them" they didn't grasp the simple concept that it would be 2 hours out of my working day for me to "pop round".

I'm still waiting for them to let me know what they are going to do about this .....

My initial experiences with this dealership are not good to say the least, for 2 reasons:

- The car should never have been sold with these issues.

- Their utter lack of helpfulness, attention to detail & lack of good customer service.

This is such a shame as the reason why I chose the Superb over another brand is because I was so impressed with my wife's Superb & the level of service we received from the dealership we purchased her car from (Alex Lawrie Skoda).

This experience has really taken the "shine" off of this car for me (no pun indented) - I think I'll be going back to a BMW for my next car; at least I know what shenanigans to expect from them & I know they they take responsibility for their c*ck-ups.

Edited by PLAR